CNET Editors' note: Beta or prerelease software is not intended for inexperienced users, as the software may contain bugs or may potentially damage your system. We strongly recommend that users exercise caution and save all mission-critical data before installing or using this software.
Microsoft System Sweeper is a recovery tool that can help you start an infected PC and perform an offline scan to help identify and remove rootkits and other advanced malware. Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta is not a replacement for a full antivirus solution providing ongoing protection; it is meant to be used in situations where you cannot start your PC due to a virus or other malware infection. For no-cost, real-time protection that helps guard your home or small business PCs against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, download Microsoft Security Essentials.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Perform offline scan and clean malware infected systems, includ...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Combine online and offline malware defense and powerful data le...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Identify and eliminate spam and phising.
- Lock your Windows 95/98 system using a DOS-based password.
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Build robotics applications in a .NET-based programming environ...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper beta (64-bit) 1.0.856.0
1. Easy to use
2. Supports CD, DVD, USB and ISO
3. Easy to update definitions
4. Effective in cleaning infections
1. No available information of contacting support in case of failures.
I came across this tool recently and tried it on one of my infected computers. I used an alternative clean machine to create a bootable USB drive and the overall experience of the tool was great. I was able to boot my infected computer using the USB drive, performed a full scan and it detected about 20 threats. All the threats were subsequently cleaned. I am impressed with the effectiveness and the simplicity of the complete experience. I will add the Standalone System Sweeper USB drive to my collections of PC tools. Great Job Microsoft.