CNET Editors' review
With four extremely intuitive icon-processing utilities, Microangelo Toolset works like the Swiss Army knife of icon and cursor manipulation. Its Studio and Animator components let you create and edit icons and cursors, while the Explorer and Librarian components help you find and manage icons on your system. For producing high-quality custom icons and cursors quickly, it's hard to beat this top-rated utility.
The program includes image-editing features such as effects, filters, rotation, and cropping, as well as a huge color palette. Each component performs specific functions, but it might be less intimidating to first-time users if they were bundled in one interface. The Studio/Animator and Explorer/Librarian combinations seem ripe for integration into two tools. The extensive help files, which now include specific valuable information about creating icons for Windows Vista, are quite beneficial for users who need to familiarize themselves with the program's many features.
There aren't step-by-step wizards for novices, but the addition of project templates in version 6 make it easier to create the full icon sets you need. Also lacking is an uninstall icon, so to remove it you have to go through the Control Panel. Nevertheless, would-be designers willing to learn and power users alike should appreciate the wide range of Microangelo's functionality.
Create icons and cursors for Windows with Toolset's icon editor. View, locate, extract and replace icons, eliminate duplicates, and manipulate all image formats. Toolset provides an icon creator plus The Master's set of icon tools, specifically designed to make icons for all Windows platforms. Officially "Certified for Windows Vista" by Microsoft.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Create congratulation notes for your friends or relatives with ...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Decorate your PC with a simple red and silver theme.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Animate your desktop with textures, 3D scenes, and music visual...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Animate your desktop icons.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Create and maintain icons and cursor graphics.
- Create, capture, and extract icons, cursors, and bitmaps.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Make and edit animated cursors and icons, and manage images and...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Search, edit, import and export, and manage icons and cursors.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Add effects to your Windows desktop.
- Create, edit, and save Windows icons.
- Capture any object you like and convert it into an icon or a cu...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Get a set of wallpapers, icons, cursors, and system sounds.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 61 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"There are Very few companies I "Hate" This is one."
Version: Microangelo Toolset 6.10.0071
Decent Software, too bad the company isn't better.
Horrible lack of moral ethics company.
Don't buy this software if you are worried about getting ripped off. Here is what happened to me.
I bought Microangelo 5.5 it was expensive... A little more then I'm comfortable paying, but I liked the way it worked and said "oh well".
So after getting the e-mail thanking me for the purchase with the link to download the software. I downloaded and installed it, I couldn't have been happier with it. Least for a little less then 1 year. after about a year I upgraded my computer because my old computer's hard drive crashed and was unrecoverable. So attempting to get my new computer stocked back up with all my essential programs which were present on my original PC I remember that I forgot to install Microangelo toolset. So I attempt to goto re-download it via the e-mail they sent to me thanking me for my purchase. I click the link which redirects to their 'purchasing' website i received a error page which read:
" Could not locate this order number (RE########) and download authorization code. Please verify the Download URL address provided in your email confirmation. Be sure to provide the entire address including the ?order=REnnnn&dlid=nnnn information."
First reaction was "What the?!", assuming it was a I e-mailed the customer support. It turns out they had changed their customer login site. They gave me the proper site and I login to see that my account doesn't show that I purchased this software. So yet again I e-mail customer support asking for assistance to allow me to continue to use their software. I waited, and waited, and waited. 3-4 Weeks pass by without even a "we're looking into it" e-mail. So extremely frustrated I write the following e-mail to their customer support.
I purchased a copy of microangelo toolset, now when I goto my download page only an upgrade is available... this is the second time I have tried contacting you. Please replay asap... This will be the last time I try contacting you directly, before I am forced to retrieve what is legally mine through other means. I have been more then a little patient by providing ample time for you to respond
within a professional amount of time.
This was their Reply to me the very next day.
From: Eclipsit Customer Service email@example.com
If you have purchased Microangelo 5.5, then you are only able to upgrade to Microangelo Toolset 6.0. We do not support, sell, nor host version 5.5 any longer.
Hugh A. Gray
P.O. Box 4527
Laguna Beach, CA 92652-4527
Fax: 949 / 215.2917
So Please. Don't let this happen to you. I find myself a little less then a year later without the software I purchased from this company.