CNET Editors' review
Microangelo On Display allows users to customize their desktop cursors and icons. On the whole, the program is easy to use, although we did run into at least one problem.
The program's interface is intuitive and easy to access. Users simply click on any icon they wish to change and select Appearance, which opens the program. From there, users can select from several color themes of alternative icons, or select their own. It's easy to change only one icon, or every instance of an icon system-wide. Users can make a variety of other adjustments to their icons, such as removing icon text (or changing its font), editing, or removing shortcut and share overlays, and adjusting icon size and spacing. All of these options are neatly arranged in a couple of tabbed menus within the program, making it easy for users to find the option they're looking for. The program's built-in Help file gave a clear description of the program's features, although it didn't do much in the way of helping us solve the only major problem we ran into. Although the program gives users the option to animate their icons, we couldn't get it to work. The Help file does note that this features isn't available on Windows Vista, but we were using XP. No further information about this was available, which was disappointing.
Microangelo On Display has a seven-day trial period, which is ample time to get acquainted with it. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program; although we couldn't get the animation to work, the program was otherwise intuitive and effective.
change icons displayed by Windows Vista, XP and 2000. Simply right-click on the icon and select "Appearance" from the popup menu. One elegant dialog allows you to change icons anywhere on your computer. Folder, shortcut, shell or system icons, On Display can change icons in more places than any other icon tool, and can remove shortcut arrows or customize them.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Extract all icons from any location and rejuvenate the look of ...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Add various user interface and playback enhancements to Windows...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Customize and manage your Windows icons.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Maximize your Windows experience with animations and effects.
- Clean and change the background of your desktop.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Access your display settings with ease.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Customize and get over 192 multicolor icons.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Customize your Windows shell icons.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"does a good job of creating icons"
Version: Microangelo On Display 6.10.0010
Works as advertised. Easy to use
Don't know. Haven't used it enough.
I made icons for shortcuts that had none. Very pleased.
"Finally I can change my icons in Vista"
Version: Microangelo On Display 6.10.3
Microsoft tied our hands with Vista, by not allowing you to change your desktop icons. THANKFULLY On Display came to our rescue! I now can change folder, system, shell, or shortcut icons! I HIGHLY recommend Microangelo On Display.