CNET Editors' review
Menu Planner and Cookbook helps plan meals and even prepare them. With simple direction and health-conscious tools, users can get their eating habits quickly in order.
We were initially turned off by the program's unimaginative, black and white layout, but the interface proved to be simple and informative enough that we forgot about it. The program was divided into tools focusing on a cookbook and meal planning. The cookbook was a delight, since it let us choose ingredients to work with and provided recipes that met those criteria. All were simple to follow and sounded tasty. Another aspect we loved was the capability to add our own recipe using a simple wizard. The meal planning utility took those cookbook dishes, and let us choose a meal and see its health aspects, like calories, fat, vitamins, and other important information. The only tricky part was coming up with a dish's health information when we entered our own, but we just took an educated guess. The program also impressed us with its healthy features: a target heart rate finder and a weight loss planner. Both were simple to operate and provided reasonable results that tied into our meal planning. While unpleasing to the eye, this program quickly proved it was a benefit to our stomachs.
The Database tools were disabled during this trial, but didn't affect its usability. The program comes as a compressed file. While it looks boring, Menu Planner and Cookbook provides some exciting results and we highly recommend it.
From Air Judden Enterprises:
I enjoy studying nutrition and healthy eating and I have been studying it for 10 years. Although I understood it, I still had a weight problem because eating healthy and losing weight do not go hand-in-hand. Eating healthy means putting the right foods into your body. Controlling weight has to do with how MUCH you put into your body.
I had 3 problems in controlling weight. First, counting calories is nearly an impossible task. I did not want to calculate the calories in a dish that I made (adding up how much of each ingredient I used while keeping a running total), write it down, file it, and re-calculate it every time I wanted to eat it, based on the portion size that I ate. Even if I did do all of this, what would happen if, for example, my favorite brand of whole wheat pasta was no longer available, and I had to switch brands? I would have to go back and re-calculate every dish that uses it! It was too much!
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create and compute nutrition facts for your recipes.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Control your meals to measure the protein, the fat, and the cal...
- Discover interesting places to eat, shop, and resort on your Wi...
- Make weekly meal planners, create grocery lists, and organize y...
- Search and sort memory and disk cache files.
- Know everything about Geneva and discover its culture and attra...
- Organize your recipes, plan meals, prepare grocery lists, creat...
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Manage recipes, create shopping lists, and perform nutritional ...
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Didn't have features I wanted"
Version: Menu Planner and Cookbook 2.0
It's easy to use
Doesn't have flexability
I can't use it
"Make Eating Well and Weight Loss Much Easier!"
Version: Menu Planner and Cookbook 2.0
This program helped me lose 90 pounds in 5 months. I cannot say enough about how great it is. Very user friendly!
It is boring to look at, but I don't care. It isn't a video game. It works!
I love the yummy recipes, the option of searching by ingredients I have on hand, the printable grocery list I can generate, the way it predicted the date I would lose weight by based on my calorie and exercise input. This program does so many things!