From Media Player Codec Pack:
The Media Player Codec Pack is a free simple to install package of codecs/filters/splitters used for playing back movie and music files. After installation you will be able to play 99.9% of files through your media player, along with XCDs, VCDs, and SVCDs. Additional file associations are applied to make Windows Media Player play BDMV (unencrypted BluRay/AVCHD), EVO (unencrypted HD-DVD), NOTE: BluRay and HD-DVD playback is very basic and requires compatible hardware. MKV, M2TS, MP4, VOB, OGM, WEBM, FLV, and NUV movie files, as well as AC3, DTS, FLAC, APE, OGG, WV, TTA, OFR, SHN music files, and finally MO3, IT, XM, S3M, MTM, MOD, and UMX tracker audio files. Compression types supported include AVC, H.264, x264, H.263, H.261, DivX, XviD, Flash Video, VP3-8, Morgan JPEG, MJPEG, MPEG4, MPEG2...
The package detects the best proof tested settings with additional options for CPU, GPU, and DXVA compatibility. Audio options during install allow users to set output from basic 2.0 channel stereo, right up to 7.1 channel output. Digital audio S/PDIF / HDMI passthrough for home theatre systems can be set by the user to output Dolby Digital AC3, Dolby Digital Plus E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, even multichannel non-AC3/DTS audio (for example 5.1 channel FLAC) can be set to encode as AC3 and output to digital S/PDIF / HDMI. Included in the package are a number of encoder codec's, allowing you to encode files in formats such as DivX and XviD in your favourite encoding application. Please note that protected formats may require a specific player. 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows Media Player are supported as well as most other players. The package supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
What's new in this version:
- Version 4.2.7:
- Updated ffdshow to version 1.2.4505.
- Updated ffdshow x64 to version 1.2.4505.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.56.
- Updated LAV Filters x64 to version 0.56.1.
- Updated DXVA & Intel Quick Sync GPU/graphics card database.
More Products to Consider
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, and music files in a...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Add audio/video codecs and filters to playback any video file.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video, audio, movie, music files in Windows Media Player a...
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play, create, and stream high-quality video.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Record sound output from your computer.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Record, convert, and enjoy movies, video streams, and DVDs.
- Determine the presence of a DVD decoder on your Windows XP comp...
- Find, download, and convert music and movies on the Internet w...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- See what codecs video files use.
- Transcode video in real time between H.263, H.263+, H.264, and ...
- Search for movie subtitles and download them to your PC.
- Simulate the thermal performance of Australian houses in variou...
- Get a movie player with built in codecs.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play various media files using internal codecs.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 544 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Nothing at all"
Version: Media Player Codec Pack 4.2.7
Gave me the chance to finally set up an account on CNET to leave a crappy review
Didn't work. Installing these things can corrupt media players. BE FOREWARNED!!
It simply will not work. Who knows what I put on my machine!
"I haven't installed it yet"
Version: Media Player Codec Pack 4.2.7
cnet told me it was an update
I have no idea yet
I'll change this after I install & use it