CNET Editors' review
Portable and highly functional, Maymeal PicEdit combines some of the high-end features of expensive image editing software with the speed of a small, free program.
As a portable program, Maymeal PicEdit performs its functions on the go. It quickly pulls images into the program and they are instantly ready for editing. One of the nice features is the "Restore" button, which restores the original image, even after extensive editing has taken place. The user can also step backwards to eliminate some, but not all, of the editing. The initial palette includes a variety of immediate variations for fast touch-ups. Under the Basic tab, the program shows images with more or less light, grayscale, monochrome, sharpened or blurred, and other variations. Stylized options include lomo and vignette, along with manual options that include mosaic, colorize, highlighting, and coloring. The manual options enable the user to modify only a particular portion of the picture, whereas the quick choices modify the entire image. In addition, there is also a "Scene" option, which modifies the image similar to what some camera filters will do: sunspots, snow, stars, droplets, and hearts, etc. It also comes with options to frame pictures in many different ways. The user can draw on the photo and add shapes and text as well as access some basic photo editing tools such as red-eye correction, rotation, cropping, and watermarking. While Help files are non-existent, sending an e-mail to the author results in a personal answer to any questions.
Maymeal PicEdit offers a useful set of functional image editing tools for both novice and more advanced users and photographers.
Portable and highly functional, Maymeal PicEdit combines some of the high-end features of expensive image editing software with the speed of a small, handy program.
As a portable program, Maymeal PicEdit performs its functions on the go. It quickly pulls images into the program and they are instantly ready for editing, gives you the possibility to insert arrows, lines, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons, rotate the image to different angles or arbitrarily transform, zoom in or out, and set up the canvas parameters.
What's more, you are allowed to add text messages in the desired area, select the text transparency, and add a background layout.
The program lets you embed watermarks, specify their rotation angle and opacity, set up the margin parameters, and pick a color as the transparent color.
One of the nice features is the "Restore" button, which restores the original image, even after extensive editing has taken place.
Other notable characteristics bundled in this app are represented by the possibility to adjust the levels of brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation, alter the RGB value, use a brush for changing the color of the skin and hair, remove the red eye effect, and apply mosaic effects.
Maymeal PicEdit comes packed with various special effects and offers a preview mode for each of them, such as grayscale, colorizing, increasing or decreasing light, denoising option, warm yellow or red images, and others.
Last but not least, you can choose between different frames, perform basic editing operations (cut, copy, paste, delete), print the photo, copy it to the Clipboard, or save to a file, as well as undo or redo your actions.
All in all, Maymeal PicEdit offers a useful set of functional image editing tools for both novice and more advanced users and photographers. The feature pack is solid and, given its ease of use, this tool could be one of the first choices for all types of users, regardless of their experience level.
What's new in this version:
- Enhanced the Arrow and Line tool that supports gradient fill and texture.
- Add eight kinds of the Pattern frame.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content