MarkAble is designed for podcast or audiobook listeners who own an Apple iPod, or who use iTunes to listen to such books.
Audiobook files bought from the iTunes Music Store or from Audible.com are 'bookmarking' - that is, the iPod (or iTunes) remembers the point of the book where you were up to, and resumes from there when you start listening again. This, of course, is vital.
However, there are many other sources of audiobooks. Such books may be in a variety of different formats such as MP3 files (for example, from podcasts, www.audiobooksforfree.com or www.telltaleweekly.com), or audio CDs or tapes you may have bought. Getting these into a format which is bookmarking like the books from Audible.com is a tedious and difficult process - or at least, it has been up until now.
New in this version: fixed problem handling files of very short duration.
What's new in this version: Version 2.3.1 is a bug fix release.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert text to audio files, read any text using different huma...
- Use music folders on your hard drive as playlists and more.
- Split big ape+cue files to separate mp3 files or wav, ape, vox,...
- Listen to your audio books without breaks between tracks.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Record any PC sound or your voice into a music file.
- For your iPod, audio books from CDs that never lose your place.
- Add and edit MP3 file information.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Really Great Software !"
Version: MarkAble 2.3.1
Exactly does what it says.. It has the feature of merging mp3 files without changing quality and later they can be converted to AAC format for audiobooks. I used this software to convert my mp3 audiobooks into Apple Ipod compatible ones with bookmarking feature. The best part is separate files can be made into chapters.
Its user interface is a bit odd
Great for audiobook lovers who wants to create their own customized audiobbooks with chapters and album art etc