Mail Scripts is a collection of AppleScript Studio applications for Mail and Address Book offering additional features or simplified workflow. Mail Scripts consists of the following scripts:
- Add Addresses (Mail): Add addresses found in the selected messages (in the header fields "From", "To", "Cc", and "Bcc") to the Address Book. This is much more flexible than the "Add Sender to Address Book" available in Mail and provides a convenient way for creating mailing lists.
- Archive Messages (Mail): Move messages from the selected mailbox(es) to an archive mailbox or export them to standard mbox or plain text files for backup purposes or import into other applications.
- Change SMTP Server (Mail): Switch between different already defined SMTP servers or define a new one.
- Create Rule (Mail): Create a new rule based on the first of the selected messages.
- Remove Duplicates (Mail): Locate all duplicate messages found in the selected mailbox(es) and move them to a separate mailbox for easy removal (duplicate matching is based on the unique message header "Message-Id").
- Schedule Delivery (Mail): Allows you to send individual messages at predefined times (this script uses iCal for scheduling message delivery).
- Send all Drafts (Mail): Immediately send all messages in the "Drafts" folders for all accounts. This saves you from having to open each draft in order to send it.
- Open Mailbox, Open Message (Mail): Two small faceless scripts which will open mailboxes with new messages or the new messages themselves when run as a rule action.
- Filter Sent Messages (Mail): Another faceless scripts which will apply your rules to the messages in the "Sent" mailbox.
- Export Addresses (Address Book): Export addresses from the Address Book into tab-delimited text files. You can select which groups and which fields you want to export.
- Search Addresses (Address Book): Find all addresses inside the Address Book matching one or more criteria. As opposed to the "Search" function built into the Address Book, this lets you search in any field as well as for empty and non-empty fields. As an example, you might use this script to search for all phone numbers with a certain area code in order to update your contacts after an area code change.
Mail Scripts are fully localized in English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Greek, Brazilian Portuguese, and Norwegian.
What's new in this version:
- (Schedule Delivery): fix issue where the script would launch into its UI rather than sending the message at the scheduled time.
- (Archive Messages): update the included Perl modules and re-compile them as universal binaries in order for the script to run when Rosetta is not available (e.g., MacOS X 10.7 "Lion").
- Update all website references to go to the new website URL.