CNET Editors' review
We have loved mahjong--or the popular computer version of it, which is really mahjong solitaire--ever since we first encountered it in our middle school computer lab. True mahjong is a multiplayer table game and bears little resemblance to the computer game that most Westerners know, which involves matching mahjong-style tiles with one another in order to clear the board. Mahjong In Poculis is the latter. If you're looking for traditional mahjong, this isn't it, but if you're a lover of mahjong solitaire, be prepared to spend a big chunk of your time with this addictive game.
The game's home screen lets you select your language, add players, and choose a difficulty level (child, standard, or expert). There are six themes to choose from--Asian, Halloween, neutral, wonderland, Easter, and Christmas--and each theme contains numerous different tile setups that reflect the theme. You must complete the first game in order to move on to the next one, with award medals along the way. The program's graphics are quite attractive, with options for 2D and 3D rendering, and each theme contains matching music that has its own volume control. A built-in Help file gives new users an overview of how the game is played, and a really detailed scoring interface gives serious players plenty of stats about their performance. We do wish that Mahjong In Poculis let you save games that are in progress, but this is a relatively minor complaint. Overall, this is the best digital version of mahjong that we've encountered, and we recommend it.
Mahjong In Poculis installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal.
Mahjong game is designed for the Mahjong lovers, and for those who enjoy challenging memorization and a sharp eye. The visuals are fun and it is very user friendly. Start your solitaire Mahjong fun by finding matching Mahjong pieces amongst the plethora, and clicking them to get them off the screen. All of the Mahjong pieces can be cleared, but it takes some discipline, strategy, and a little bit of luck.
What's new in this version: Version 4.55 does a far better usage of your CPU . It avoids that your netbook's fan rotates too quickly.
More Products to Consider
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Play eight different puzzle solitaire card games on your PC.
- Build a winning hand before the mah-jongg tiles fill up the scr...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Add social media applications in your game with ease.
- Modify your computer's settings to increase your gaming perform...
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play 3D Mahjong game.
- Concentrate while matching tiles to clear the board.
- Improve your PC and Internet speed performance.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play a 3D tank shooting game.
- Travel through 15 levels, fighting the most classic of monsters...
- Play various puzzle games.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Browse and download games of your choice.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Enjoy two fun Yatzy games in one!.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 55 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A blast to play"
Version: Mahjong In Poculis 4.55
Not to challenging on normal mode lots of fun styles some a a bit more of a challenge than others
you have to start at the first one and complete before moving on to the next
A must download if you are a fan of Mahjong just completed all levels last night
"Fun and challenging"
Version: Mahjong In Poculis 4.55
Many games and different styles
the advertising at the end of the game is annoying
A definite purchase!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content