This popular tile game is the best of its kind for Mac, with plenty of added features. The object is to pick two identical tiles and clear them away until you've cleared the board. Although that may sound easy, the tiles are arranged in stacks and inventive formations, making a solid strategy necessary.
Having played several PC iterations of this game, we thought the Mac version was good, with OpenGL 3D graphics, several themed tile sets, varying difficulty settings, and a huge number of backgrounds. The classical music uses a low-quality synthesizer, and we recommend shutting it off and playing your own music--we love the classics, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Overall, this solitaire game is great for killing time and offers enough variation with the tile sets and formations to keep any puzzle-game fan coming back for more.
About Mah Jong Solitaire 2
Enjoy mahjong solitaire in full 3D or 2D with 55 layouts and 14 high quality tilesets. The game features a built in music player, many different game modes and a layout editor. Play in classic mahjong solitaire mode or for a real challenge try memory mode. Compete against other players around the world with world high scores.
- OpenGL 3D/2D Graphics
- Particle effects
- World High Scores
- Built in music player
- Built in layout browser, remembers your last played layouts!
- Play statistics
- Undo, Shuffle, Suggest and many other help options
- Five difficulty options
- Nine game modes including memory, two turns, and classic
- Game replays
- Twitter integration
- Many more features
What's new in this version:
- Nasty looking text removed, text readouts look much better now
- Five high res tile sets installed, work in 3D
- Extra backgrounds and core image effects
- Buttons and floating panel resolution increased, looks much better now