CNET Editors' review
MacDropAny for Mac enables users with cloud-based backup drives to automatically update them. It is an easy-to-use program that performs well and works with most of the major cloud services.
As cloud-based backup begins to replace physical media like CDs, DVDs, or memory keys, programs to work with online storage are becoming more common. MacDropAny for Mac is free and installation is easy. At first startup, the program immediately initiates a menu where the user can select the folder from which to sync. Despite the lack of user instructions, the window was easy to use and similar to the Mac Finder. Once selected, the application changes menus to one for selecting the cloud service desired. These include Google Drive and Dropbox, among many others. The program then prompts the user to enter an access password and begins the synching process. After this initial use during testing, it then asked to download an updated version, which indicated some technical support was available. There were no additional options, but the synching did complete well and all of the selected files were properly located in the cloud drive during testing.
For users who are looking for an automatic synching application and are not in need of any other features, MacDropAny for Mac is a good choice.
MacDropAny is a simple app that painlessly allows Mac users to sync any folder on their computer through Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft SkyDrive. The easy to use interface of MacDropAny, and its deep integration into the Mac system (including allowing you to right click on any folder in Finder and sync it) makes it a must have for any Mac user.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for Box.com and iClouDrive cloud storage and syncing solutions, in addition to the already supported Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive.
- Added French localisation.
- Fixed support for the right-click menu in Finder.
- Improved speed.
- Many bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Secure, easy-to-use digital vault for your laptop that works wi...
- Backup your files in the cloud.
- Create, share and keep all your stuff in one place.
- RapidWeaver plugin to quickly create professional drop boxes.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Organize images on your Mac.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Convert Amazon Kindle books of Mobi and AZW format to ePUB book...
- Restore clipboard data after restarts & crashes.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Convert your ePUB books to Kindle Mobi/AZW format to read them ...
- Elegant FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, S3 and MobileMe client.
- Desktop font matching utility.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content