CNET Editors' review
MacDropAny for Mac enables users with cloud-based backup drives to automatically update them. It is an easy-to-use program that performs well and works with most of the major cloud services.
As cloud-based backup begins to replace physical media like CDs, DVDs, or memory keys, programs to work with online storage are becoming more common. MacDropAny for Mac is free and installation is easy. At first startup, the program immediately initiates a menu where the user can select the folder from which to sync. Despite the lack of user instructions, the window was easy to use and similar to the Mac Finder. Once selected, the application changes menus to one for selecting the cloud service desired. These include Google Drive and Dropbox, among many others. The program then prompts the user to enter an access password and begins the synching process. After this initial use during testing, it then asked to download an updated version, which indicated some technical support was available. There were no additional options, but the synching did complete well and all of the selected files were properly located in the cloud drive during testing.
For users who are looking for an automatic synching application and are not in need of any other features, MacDropAny for Mac is a good choice.
MacDropAny is a simple app that painlessly allows Mac users to sync any folder on their computer through Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft SkyDrive. The easy to use interface of MacDropAny, and its deep integration into the Mac system (including allowing you to right click on any folder in Finder and sync it) makes it a must have for any Mac user.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for Box.com and iClouDrive cloud storage and syncing solutions, in addition to the already supported Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive.
- Added French localisation.
- Fixed support for the right-click menu in Finder.
- Improved speed.
- Many bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Convert Amazon Kindle books of Mobi and AZW format to ePUB book...
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Convert your ePUB books to Kindle Mobi/AZW format to read them ...
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Recover your lost data.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Elegant FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, S3 and MobileMe client.
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
- Secure, easy-to-use digital vault for your laptop that works wi...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content