MPlayer OSX Extended is the future of MPlayer OSX. Leveraging the power of the MPlayer and FFmpeg open source projects, MPlayer OSX Extended aims to deliver a powerful, functional and no frills video player for OSX.
MPlayer OSX Extended is based on the original MPlayer OSX project but has since undergone fundamental changes, making it a modern and easy to use video player. Thanks to multithreading and 64bit architecture, MPlayer OSX Extended is one of the fastest choices on OSX to play back HD H264 videos. It also supports instant playback of MKV files and advanced styled subtitles in the ASS format.
MPlayer OSX Extended uses the MPlayer open source project for decoding and integrates MPlayer's default key commands with a native OSX interface. Users of MPlayer should immediately feel at home and are able to tweak the fine details of the MPlayer invocation with binary bundles and additional command-line options.
Some of its key features are:
- Up-to-date builds of MPlayer and FFmpeg.
- Clean and concise interface and preferences.
- Support for MKV files with embedded fonts and ASS subtitles.
- Multithreaded and 64bit-enabled for best playback performance.
- Built-in support for a wide range of video and audio formats.
- Fullscreen controls, playlist, inspector and interactive audio and video equalizers.
- Capture screenshots of any video.
- Automatic updates for itself and MPlayer binaries.
What's new in this version:
- Major Changes:
- Redesigned fullscreen controls by Steven La. Thanks!
- Add audio output device selection to preferences.
- New no-distraction fullscreen option (blocks menu, dock, task switcher, growl, etc).
- Improve visibility of scrub bar badge.
- Add option to enable equalizers by default and save defaults for the video equalizer.
- Add ta... See all new features »