From Martin Pesch:
Mp3DirectCut is a tool for frame based editing of MPEG Layers three and two. You can remove parts, change the volume (on MP3 only), and split files or copy regions to several new files. All without the need to decompress your MP3 into a PCM format. This saves work, encoding time and disk space. And there is no quality loss through any re-compressions. Mp3DirectCut gives you extensive control over your MP3s: Several prelisting functions, MP3 visualization and VU meter, Easy navigation, Fading, and volume setting.
What's new in this version: Version 2.19 added optional timeline in the audio graph and fixed Split save issue on Batch.
More Products to Consider
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Split large MP3 files into tracks.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Split and join MP3 files and WAV files.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Split, trim, and merge MP3 files without losing quality.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert audio files into various formats.
- Edit, cut and join MP3, WMA, WAV, and OGG files.
- Clip and cut your MP3 files.
- View, edit, and manage images and create slide shows, albums, a...
- Split or join your files for easier transport.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Extract parts of video files into various video formats.
- Edit MP3 tags, find covers, and organize your music collection.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Extract a part of your video files to various video formats.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 68 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Very handy with quality playback"
Version: MP3DirectCut 2.19
Easy to use, and can make very precise cuts.
Can raise audio levels on lower quality MP3 files
Excellent Playback quality
No noise reduction features that I'm aware of
Playback easily beats that of any MP3 player I've used - including those with audio enhancement plugins. It is easily my preferred player when listening to music.. and with the looping feature, it's easy to play music continuously without pausing or restarting, like ambient or nature sounds.
I do wish it had more noise reduction functions... which would handy when trying to enhance MP3 files under 128k... the hissing sounds which are inherent to the files become even more pronounced when raising output.
Version: MP3DirectCut 2.19
For the little tasks it's the best thing going. It doesn't need to load the file and when you're familiar with it you can chop a recording into tracks in seconds or get rid of adverts by eye.
Trial and error is the way to learn it but once you know it intuition is at Force like levels. I couldn't open it directly from the download, it couldn't write the path but I went to the Download folder and right clicked "extract", worked fine.
A nut cracker to crack a nut.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: