CNET Editors' review
We like simple tools for simple jobs, preferably freeware, too. Such as MP3 Converter: it's a simple, free tool for converting your MP3s to the format you need to play them on your smartphone, portable player, or tablet. It converts files among the music formats most people need most often, such as ACC, WMA, OGG, and WAV. A built-in Windows Media Player lets you listen to files before you convert them and after, so it's easy to compare sound quality differences (though not always easy to hear them). MP3 Converter is compatible with Windows 8.
MP3 Converter's user interface is very simple: just a dialog with a file entry field, embedded media player, and a few buttons and check boxes. We clicked Browse and selected an MP3 from our library. We merely had to check the output format we wanted (WAV, OGG, M4A, WMA, and ACC) and press Convert to do the job. MP3 Converter claims to use the highest quality codecs, but you have no way of checking or changing them, or anything else in the way of settings or options. MP3 Converter quickly processed our file and started playing it in the built-in Windows Media Player, with very good sound quality, too; though of course your sound card and speakers or headphones will have a bigger impact on the quality of the sound you hear than the format of your MP3s, converted or not. Nevertheless, we heard nothing to suggest the program wasn't doing a fine job of converting our files. When we were satisfied with the sound, we clicked Save and saved our file to the directory of our choice. We also converted WAV files to MP3s, WMAs, and Apple-compatible AACs, in both directions, with success.
Music lovers have many options when it comes to converting their MP3s, including both freeware and premium tools. MP3 Converter definitely sticks to the easy-to-use end of the spectrum. If you need a lot of custom settings like bit rate and tag editing, MP3 Converter isn't for you. If you just want to convert some tunes to playable formats: it's got that. Browse, click, save, load, and play -- what more do you really need?MP3 Converter-Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.-Download Video Previews:
Don't let the Simple name fool you. MP3 Converter is one of the fastest, and most popular MP3 converters online. Convert To and From the MP3 format using our free software. MP3 Converter Currently Supports The Following Formats: MP3, WAV, OGG, AAC, WMA, M4A, FLV, AVI, MPG, MP4...
MP3 Converter supports single file conversions, batch conversions, importing from zip files, and the ability to add all files from a single folder all at once. If you have a zip file that contains audio/video files that need to be converted. You can import the files from the zip without even extracting it with our software. Simply select "File" then select "Add Zip" then find your zip file. After you do that MP3 Converter will add the supported files from the zip into its file conversion que automatically.
There is also a custom bitrate option, so if you don't prefer to pick the High, Med, Low options and want to be more specific with the quality of your files, you can always do that as well. Just click the "Bitrate options" button to do this and you can set your custom bitrate levels easily. We also have a audio tag editor within the conversion software. This way you can pick a file and edit the audio tag if needed before the conversions.
Like always, Conversions are always the fastest, and the outputted Multimedia files are always of the highest quality. We are constantly adding new features and would love to hear your feedback. Don't hesitate to leave a review and let us know if you run into any problems or difficulties while using the MP3 Converter Software.
The Current Supported File types. MP3, WAV, OGG, AAC, WMA, M4A, FLV, AVI, MPG, MP4. If you'd like another file type added to the software, please request it in the comments and we'll try to add it in ASAP.
What's new in this version: Fixed custom bit rate option bug.
More Products to Consider
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert audio files to key audio formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, FL...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Convert all video and audio file to MP3, AAC, AC3, AMR, M4A, OG...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Download YouTube videos and instantly convert them into MP3 fil...
- Converts audio to MP3 format.
- Convert MP3 and other audio files to and from MP3, WMA and othe...
- Convert your video or audio files to MP3 format.
- Generate audio files from CDs and convert them between audio fo...
- Convert video to audio and audio to audio in format of MP3, WMA...
- Convert your video and audio files to multiple audio formats.
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Convert your digital audio files to MP3.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Rip audio CD and convert to MP3, Wav, Ogg, WMA.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Good free Mp3 converter"
Version: MP3 Converter 1.9
It is more than my expectation. it works compatibly with windows os. conversion process is quite fast and it produces many popular output audio formats with excellent quality
it deserves to get supportive comments
"Didn't convert anything"
Version: MP3 Converter 1.9
Had some wave files I wanted to convert to mp3 for a tablet. The interface look slick and easy to use but after selecting the files
Didn't convert wave files I had. Titles only with 0 bytes file size.
I wanted converted, the file sizes were 0 bytes. I wouldn't call that a successful conversion. Had an old 2007 Replay converter and it did the job the new tech couldn't. I didn't catch it until I tried to play it in my tablet. Every file had 0 bytes. It maybe only my files but if an old converter can do the job, why keep this around.
"Full of Trojans and Malware BEWARE!"
Version: MP3 Converter 1.9
Nothing Nortons detected virus
Thank goodness for Nortons Antvirus
Even though Nortons deteced Trojans my homepage got hijacked, terrible time trying to get rid of maleware that made it past Nortons. Highly recommend that you do not download unless you want to put your machine at risk.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content