CNET Editors' reviewThis PC alarm plays an MP3 file at the time you designate, but it doesn't provide its own media player. MP3 Alarm provides a basic, easy-to-understand scheduler; just choose from the tabs representing days of the week, set the exact alarm time, browse for the MP3 file to serve as an alarm, and press SET/Adjust. Don't expect too much in the way of features, however. You can't modify the alert message or set more than one alarm per day, the program doesn't include a comprehensive scheduler, and you must have a third-party media player because it can't play the MP3 files without them. As another hurdle, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 must be installed to use MP3 Alarm. Though this program is free and handy, users searching for this sort of alarm can easily find another one with more features.
From the elevators:
MP3 Alarm is a cute, easy and yellow program that hides in your system tray and wakes you up to your favorite mp3s (or any other files). It has 7 alarms, for each of 7 days. It remembers your preferences and starts when you log into windows.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Generate an Excel report of MP3 information.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Place an alarm clock on your computer that plays MP3s.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Extract images and sounds from Macromedia Flash movie files.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Assign an MP3 or any other audio file as your wake-up alarm.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Remove the leading numerals from specified filenames.
- Convert audio files from one format to another.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Keep your to-do list easily available and easy to access.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Set and customize an alarm.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Access a menu that contains list of your favorite files, progra...
- Display various classic Easter images on your desktop.
- Manage and organize your large MP3 collection.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Find identical or duplicate files on your hard drives or networ...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works very well"
Version: MP3 Alarm 1
Works by launching your default mp3 player and therefore eliminates the constant 'run time' errors I got when I tried several other alarm software versions. It is also very easy to use and set. If youve wasted your time with other programs that promise to to the same thing, this might be the one for you.
I would like to be able to change the back color of the application window. The orange/yellow is not very attractive. Overall though the program works very well!