Lossless Audio Converter is a simple and handy utility for converting between most popular lossless audio formats:
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)
- WMA Lossless (Windows Media Audio Lossless)
- WAV (Windows PCM)
- WV (WavPack)
- APE (Monkey's Audio)
Converting audio from one lossless format to another lossless format involves no data loss, so you don't need to worry about losing sound quality, as happens when converting to lossy audio formats.
Why you may need to convert from one lossless format to another:
- you need to convert your FLAC or WMA Lossless to ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) so you can play it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod without special software
- you may want to convert, for example, from APE (Monkey's Audio) or WV (WavPack) format to FLAC, which is more broadly supported
- you may have bought or downloaded music in a lossless format that is not right for you
- or, it may simply be convenient to have all your music in ONE lossless format
What's new in this version:
Added a new option to keep the original folder structure in the output folder.