CNET Editors' review
So you're in a swanky coffeeshop in a trendy neighborhood with a friendly vibe. You only got up to refill your water glass... and your laptop is gone. Vanished. No one looked up from their own laptop or phone to see who walked off with it. It gets farther away by the second: It could be on the other side of the planet in hours. If you were signed up with LockItTight's free online service, you'd be able to log on to LockItTight's site, access your account, and see where your PC is now. Not only that, but you might have caught the thief in the act! LockItTight also records screenshots, Webcam images, keystrokes, and clipboard data. If anyone monkeys with your PC while you're away from it, it can show you when they used your computer, what they did, their keystrokes, and, if your Webcam is active, their identity.
You'll need to visit LockItTight's Web site and sign up for a free account to install the client software on your PC. It's easy to do, but you'll have to provide personal information like name and time zone. Once you've logged in, LockItTight finishes the installation process and opens a Web-based console. We logged in to our online account and opened our Devices page. This is an ad-supported Web page that listed our PC as our first device. Clicking Show on Map opened a Google Maps page showing the location of our PC. It must have been our ISP's server because it was our town but not in the hood, so to speak. But that was with a cable modem hookup, not WiFi; mobile users should get better results. You can add a variety of mobile devices for LockItTight to track, too.
Clicking our device's name in LockItTight's console opened a new page with a series of buttons accessing LockItTight's security logs: Location(s), Screens, Camera, Files, Keys, Clipboard, and Browser History. One thing: Neither the Web page nor the data LockItTight's freeware version captures are encrypted. To encrypt captures, you must upgrade to the paid version, which also removes the ads.
From Timeon Technologies:
Want to know where all your computers are, and what's going on them? Monitor over the Internet, securely with LockItTight. It's a remote key logger, it's a surveillance camera, it's a location tracker, and it's much more. Yes, you can see screen shots and clipboards. You can see browsing history and block inappropriate sites. You can remotely retrieve and delete files from the computer being monitored. The same LockItTight server can track your Android devices now, IOS support is coming. Never worry about loosing a computer or phone. LockItTight, peace of mind. Free for up to 5 devices.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.20646:
- Instant report
- Block any site you wish
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Capture screenshots and record keystrokes.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Manage and monitor your employees via the Internet.
- Tune and monitor Oracle database performance.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Capture your screen and add colorful effects.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Remotely manage your .NET server.
- View serial port data either directly or via the built in filte...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Manage and monitor events on the database.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor your network equipped with Comlan Networking gear.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Record video with sound, convert, cut, join, mix, and apply eff...
- Check Web page automatically on a periodic basis and get alerts...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Record computer location, screen, camera, key logger, browser h...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 45 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I am SO regretting installing this thing!"
Version: LockItTight 220.127.116.1146
Wish there were some
Right after installing this thing my computer slowed down drastically. Reminiscent of spy software that records every stroke but worse. Immediately removed the software but you can't really completely remove it. It's been a week and now my computer runs so slow it's unusable and has to go to the shop. A lesson learned. Beware of this piece of garbage!
"It does NOT work! Where did the good reviews come from?"
Version: LockItTight 18.104.22.16846
Cheap (or free)
This software is a piece of junk. It does not work. Antivirus software reports it as virus.
Tried it but regret that I did. The software is unreliable software and slows down the computer significantly. The software can not be removed completely either. Had to re-install the computer. I wonder who provided these good reviews? Are these good reviews fake?
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content