From Likewise Software:
Likewise Open is the first open source enterprise solution to address the authentication needs of organizations with mixed networks. Likewise Open quickly and easily joins LinuxÃ??Ã?Â®, UNIXÃ??Ã?Â®, and MacÃ??Ã?Â® platforms to MicrosoftÃ??Ã?Â® Active Directory. Likewise Open is a great starting point for companies trying to ease their authentication challenges. Features include: Joining Linux, UNIX, and Mac systems to Active Directory in a single step from the command line or with an optional graphical interface; Authenticating users with a single user name and password on non-Windows systems with the Likewise Identity Service, a next generation Active Directory authentication engine; Enforcing the same password policies for Linux and Windows users; Supporting multiple forests with one-way and two-way cross-forest trusts; Running on over 118 Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X platforms; Implementing single sign-on for SSH and PuTTy; Automatically assigning a single UID; Event logging.
What's new in this version: - Even faster Logon: Likewise Open 6.0 significantly improves logon times for users of many groups - in particular, large, complex groups.
- Enhanced password change support: Likewise Open 6.0 provides users in complex Active Directory topologies - involving multiple forests and a one-way trust - a means of updating a password to comply with network policies.
- Many more enhancements.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Monitor incoming FileSharing connections.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Python distribution for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Bookmark manager for Telnet and SSH connections.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
- Manage your address book and to-do task list and keep them with...
- Network administration and security testing utility.