CNET Editors' review
VSO Image Resizer helps users deal with the massive amount of space photographs can take up on a hard drive. With a simple, yet directionless, interface, pictures can be reorganized and resized to meet needs, but comes with a risk.
This free program initially impresses with a colorful screen that looks professional and simple to navigate. However, a little playing around soon shows that users are in a canoe without any paddles. The simple-looking screen morphs into something far more complicated as option boxes expand with more confusing command choices. Not only are the options for adjusting picture size and save location less than intuitive, we found no Help file to hold our hand through the learning process. Adjusting pictures was eventually figured out through trial and error, but could come at a serious cost to some users. VSO Image Resizer doesn't offer any way to preview the changes you are making, but makes sure you are informed that these are permanent changes. Our fear is that users will alter a picture in ways they don't intend without a preview option.
After our image was converted we stumbled upon VSO's lone positive surprise, a screen detailing your conversion. Here the program shows how many kilobytes you saved or gained by converting your picture and how fast it changed (ours converted instantly). At the end of the day, we cannot recommend this program because there are other photo resizing options that don't run the risk of permanently ruining a shot.
Light Image Resizer software organizes your photos by changing their resolution or moving them within your hard drive. VSO Image Resizer is the tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, create thumbnails, and import or organize photos. you can easily create copies or you can work on the original HQ photos. Then share your resized photos online with friends.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Resize, convert, add watermark to hundreds of images in batch m...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Convert and resize thousands images with just a few mouse click...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Process images in batch mode at the click of a button by using ...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Convert your image files and view it in text mode.
- Protect your photos with visible watermarks, convert, rename, d...
- Capture screenshots of your desktop screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create project schedules using Gantt chart.
- Improve your digital images with high quality and efficient RAW...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 62 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Does what it says it can."
Version: Light Image Resizer 4.4.1
Easy user interface. Sufficient features to satisfy the basic user.
None found yet.
"Very good software but with spywares :("
Version: Light Image Resizer 4.4.1
This is a very good soft and it does the job very well, I've used it for a while, nothing wrong about the app itself.
The problem comes from the spywares that are installed with it, without asking anything!
I don't recommend it, it's a pain to remove the ****** toolbar!