CNET Editors' review
Maybe you've heard the phrase "Lean Six Sigma" in the news or at work. This management strategy was developed by Motorola in the 1980s to reduce manufacturing defects, but it's applicable to a wide range of business models. The "sigma" refers to defect rates; "six sigma" is the very low rate Motorola set as its goal, and it's also shorthand for the lean processes that achieved it. Lean6 from Leanmap is a set of free Excel worksheets for implementing Six Sigma techniques. While you might think it's geared strictly toward those users already familiar with Six Sigma concepts, it includes plenty of help for new users, including examples that do a great job illustrating those concepts with cold, hard numbers. It includes a range of "Free" worksheets or workbooks as well as some "See" tools that only work in the Pro version. We tried Lean6, aka Free Six Sigma for Excel, in Office 2010.
We extracted Lean6's worksheets to a chosen directory and clicked a worksheet to open Excel. We started with the Six Sigma Tool Overview and Project Charter sheets, which gave a general feel of what we were getting into. Lean6's worksheets have names like Process Framework SIPOC and Cause Effect Diagram Fishbone, and we admit to being pretty much at sea when it comes to using them for actual work. But there is no doubt that they are very well designed, with clearly labeled features and plenty of explanations.
Lean6's worksheets are like any Excel templates; we saved our spreadsheets under a specific name and then opened them for use with our own data, and none of the free tools gave us any trouble. The See tools aren't functional, of course, but they give users a full look at what they offer before they pay for an upgrade. We suspect that most people will find the free worksheets more than enough to stay busy with while learning to implement Six Sigma.
Six Sigma worksheets for Microsoft Excel to reduce variability and improve quality. Lean6 includes Six Sigma charter, FMEA, QFD, control charts, cost calculator, templates for sampling, hypothesis-testing, system evaluation, and process optimization. It allows defect estimation, potential analysis, hypothesis testing, project setup, predicting population parameters, improving quality, throughput, and efficiency. Its structured layout makes the tool intuitive and user-friendly. Practical application examples help first-time users to get familiar with Six Sigma techniques.
What's new in this version: Version 1201 has improved user interface and activation process.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get various business and personal register service tools.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Search cost effective computer repair and services company.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Quickly access the desired services and apply actions.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Automate your Frequently Asked Questions maintenance and update...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Maximize overall profit by optimizing resource use, for product...
- Determine and track down time for your servers remotely.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Calculate the number of service staff to minimize service and w...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Interact and manipulate any Web services.
- Organize your favorite Web sites, files, and events with remind...
- Scan almost any computer for pornographic content.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Securely store and manage your passwords.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1