CNET Editors' reviewAfter using KnotWorker, you won't be satisfied with generic Celtic clip art. This program lets you create and manipulate Celtic knot graphics with astonishing ease. Even without the stellar tutorial, it would be easy to get started. To create a knot, you just select a KnotStyle from the pull-down list and click and drag in the main window to define the size of the knot you'd like to make. Double-clicking on that basic knot opens up the Breakline Editor, which lets you mark-off white space with breaklines and mirror those breaklines vertically or horizontally. Viewing sample knots in the Breakline Editor shows what breaklines can do. Right-clicking the knot in the main window leads to Properties, where you can change style and colors. The FX button on the main menu bar offers a few image effects. You can save your designs either in the program's proprietary format for later manipulation or as bitmaps for tweaking in an image editor. The only problems we encountered were a suspicious dialog box upon download asking us to accept content from GAIN (which we turned down), and leftover files after uninstall. Graphic designers and medievalists will get the most out of KnotWorker.
If you're interested in Celtic designs then download KnotWorker and start creating your own now. No experience required. KnotWorker is the quick and easy solution to making Celtic knotwork patterns, whether professional or just for fun, in print or for the web. KnotWorker is Goldcup Software's free knotwork design tool for Windows. Even if you have no experience of Celtic knotwork design you'll be creating knots in minutes.Here are just a few features: Quickly draw knotwork designs without any previous experience. Edit the flow of knots using the Breakline Editor. Arrange your designs on a page using drag and drop. Use the 60 KnotStyles supplied with KnotWorker to give character to your knots - or create your own. Add image effects, including colour phase and outline. Quickly change the colour of a knot, rotate, flip, and control layer position. Save your design in the Windows Bitmap format for use in your favourite word processor, DTP program or graphics editor. Save your design in the native KWD format for editing later. Tutorials teach you how to draw knots and how to create your own KnotStyles using the KnotStyle Editor.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.1: Now free to download and use.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Create illustrations, signs, posters, and banners.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Edit images with layers, animation, icon editing, batch, stacki...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Create and modify kaleidoscope designs using existing photos.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Explore new paths with this vector-graphics tool.
- Create EPS illustrations composed of graphical shapes.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Design interlace patterns in an intuitive way to integrate in e...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Edit images and photos using a variety of tools.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- View and manage images, multimedia, text, HTML, and Microsoft O...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Create and edit professional 2D drawings.
- Allow the user to select GDI brush from a customized patterns l...
- Access and create great cheats for your PS3.