CNET Editors' review
Kids Net Safe for Mac offers a solid solution for keeping children from viewing inappropriate material during their online sessions. This colorful browser performs adequately and is loaded with appealing graphics and content.
The Web browser opens into an initial page with a prompt for the user to share their experience using the program via Facebook or Twitter. Once this is acknowledged or dismissed, the next page is a child-friendly one with fun graphics and bright colors. Along the browser's top, Kids Net Safe for Mac places an advertisement bar, as well as two links to return to the program's home page. This page also contains a number of interactive buttons so children may access videos and games from a number of sources -- from the Cartoon Network and Crayola to Barbie, Lego, and many more. The URL entry bar is located at the top of the window, together with the "Home" button and buttons for "Favorites" and the Admin panel, which is a password-protected area for the parents to manually enter Web sites for the browser to block. This is also where parents can change the default password, recall Web history, and disable the URL entry bar. In addition to blocking pop-ups, this browser doesn't support the right click, and all hot keys have been disabled, too, which is a nice touch for adding security. To exit the browser, parents need to click on the red X located on the top right of the application and enter their admin password. During testing, the browser rendered Web pages quickly and all controls operated well.
Kids Net Safe for Mac works well and would be a good download for parents who are looking for a Web browser that provides educational and fun content for their kids, but blocks adult sites and any other sites parents deem inappropriate. This download is a fully-functional seven-day trial, after which the user needs to pay $20 to register the software.
From Customer Support Center:
Kids Net Safe is a web browser that provides preloaded kid friendly websites, adult pop-up blocker, password protected and a whole lot more to keep your kids safe online. Let your kids enjoy hours of educational games and fun knowing that kidsnetsafe is watching over your kids from potential harm. Your child will not be able to minimize the application or exit with out entering the parent password. In addition we have added a parent admin menu where you may enter your child's favorite websites to their custom favorite menu. You have the ability to add or remove the web address bar and download a 7 day web history from the parent admin menu. The right click and all hot keys have been disabled to prevent your child from accessing any other computer applications. Designed by a dad for his kids we know what you need and have made an application including with what you want. DEFAULT PASSWORD: "password"
What's new in this version: updated software additional features
More Products to Consider
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Read online print media content.
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Log any activity on your Mac OS X.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Manage your Firefox passwords with ease.
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Cut truetype fonts with your cricut machine.
- Log any online activity on Mac.
- Widget to manage password with sha1.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Protect your files from your children pressing the keyboard.
- Logs you in, auto-fills web forms...
- Control how you wake up in the morning with this alarm clock so...
- Password organizer; strong cryptography.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"BEST KID WEB BROWSER!!"
Version: Kids Net Safe 1.0.1
This software is great, I downloaded for my 7 year old and then my 3 and 4 year old starting using it and I had to download it on my others mac's for each of them. I love the parent admin menu and the ability to add my kids favorite websites. This software is a life saver!!
couldn't think of any
I would tell everyone about this software. I have 3 little ones ages 3-7 and they love it. They are able to browse normal sites but if they type in any kind of adult search word it brings them back to kidsnetsafe. I love this software!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content