CNET Editors' review
KeyLemon logs you in to your computer by using your face. More than just a glorified Webcam tool, it regularly checks to make sure that it really is you using the computer. The latest version of the app also comes with a neat Firefox plug-in called LemonFox, for added protection when logging into Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Once installed, the program's Wizard will walk you through creating a profile of your face, and link it to your computer's log-in. From there, KeyLemon defaults to checking the Webcam every 10 seconds, although you can always bypass it with your text-based log-in. If the face in front of the Webcam isn't yours, KeyLemon locks the computer--but not before taking a photo of the hijacker. KeyLemon will also lock the computer if it detects that nobody in front of the computer. You can change how often it checks the Webcam, create multiple profiles, toggle the log-in feature on and off, set it to run at start-up, and create your own skins. Just like the main program, the LemonFox plug-in opens to a tutorial to get your started and it uses the Webcam to prevent unauthorized access--at least on the computer that has KeyLemon installed. Hopefully, LemonFox will be able to support more Web sites in the future.
KeyLemon was largely, but not completely, problem-free. The most common software issue occurred when waking the computer. It would occasionally not recognize the face in the front of the Webcam. Also, it crashed the computer when jumping from the laptop dock to undocked mode. The biggest problem though was lighting. If the lights on your face are too strong, the program can't discern your features and it won't function. Overall, though, it seems like a solid software tool for adding an extra layer of security to your computer. Just don't expect it to fully replace your text-based or fingerprint log-in.KeyLemon replaces passwords with your face:
KeyLemon is a simple solution to log on to your personal Windows/Mac account by using your face. If your computer has multiple users, the software automatically logs you into the right account. When you leave the computer, it will automatically lock it and then unlock it when you are back. KeyLemon also tracks your face evolution by saving automatically one image day after day. You can then export and share this movie with your friends.
On Windows, Firefox users can also access Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts more easily using face recognition. There is no more need to remember usernames and passwords to access.
What's new in this version: Version 2.7.1 is compatible with Windows 8.
More Products to Consider
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage E-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Login to your PC by simply looking into a webcam.
- Monitor Internet activity by recording every keystroke to an en...
- Monitor keystrokes, webcams, screenshots, microphones, and deli...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Prevent malicious software from running on your PC.
- Create and share training videos, presentations, and screencast...
- Get alerts or make your computer into the sleep mode when timer...
- Verify and recognize faces.
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 30 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1