CNET Editors' review
KeyBlaze Free Mac Typing Tutor for Mac aims to help users increase their typing speed and precision through available lessons, tests, and a couple of games. While functional, the free version of this typing tutor could benefit from more engaging content. However, it will be enough to get you started.
During installation, the program attempts to automatically install an Internet toolbar, but those paying attention can disable this by unchecking a box. After this, the user is prompted to choose their level: Adult Beginner, Improving, or Professional. There are also options for teens and kids. After the user type selection has been made, KeyBlaze Free Mac Typing Tutor for Mac loads easily and prompts the user to take an initial typing test. This essentially is a model keyboard telling the user where to place their fingers on the home row. The user must follow a paragraph of text within a time limit. The user can adjust goals for later retesting. The program's interface is intuitive and features links to Lessons, Practices, Games, Tests, and Results, as well as basic controls. The program's lessons basically bring the user to the developer's Web site to read text. The keyboard lessons are similar to the typing test and make the user simply retype lines of text. The games section offers only two games: Key Blizzard and 30 Seconds to Type and there is a link to upgrade to the Plus version, which indicates there will be more games available if the user chooses to upgrade.
Using proper touch keyboarding skills is essential for business or personal computing. While KeyBlaze Free Mac Typing Tutor for Mac will help users improve keyboarding through many available lessons, its Plus version comes with more engaging and fun content.
From NCH Software:
KeyBlaze is a typing tutor software program designed to assist with learning how to speed type and touch type. The software allows you to start with basic lessons such as Home Keys for index, middle and pinky fingers and practice lessons including poetry, prose and drills. KeyBlaze also features a typing test where the duration can be set to 1, 2, 5 or 10 minutes. Popular features include: Typing lessons for Home keys, Neighbor keys, Case and more. Practice exercise categories include Revision, Drills, Prose and Poems. Printable course completion certificates. Test typing skills at various interval durations. Colored guide for next key on keyboard. Finger guide shows appropriate finger to use for the key. Quick and easy operation.
What's new in this version: General updates.
More Products to Consider
- Classic typing instruction software.
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Google Maps desktop client for Mac.
- Typing Tutor Software for Mac. Includes lessons, games, timed t...
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- LaTeX editor and project organizer.
- Convert ePUB to Kindle, Kindle to PDF, ePUB to AZW, ePUB to PDF...
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- A (very) tiny BitTorrent client.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Build, display, manipulate crystal and molecular structures.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Simulate and experiment with some of the more commonly-used pro...
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Make video calls to iPhone 4, the new iPod touch, or another Ma...
- Streamline retail checkout.
- Calculate the usual transcendental functions, including the gam...
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Vector cartography drawing app for drawing scaled plans & custo...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content