Apache Tomcat is an open source servlet container that implements the Java Servlet and the JavaServer Pages specifications. Like other deployment JumpBoxes, the JumpBox for Tomcat makes it easy to deploy a web application (specifically a java-based web application). Notable features of this JumpBox include:
- Flexible deployment options: Applications can be deployed either as .war files or as a directory via the Tomcat manager.
- Suitable for testing as well as production usage: This JumpBox comes configured with Tomcat behind Apache web server so it's suitable not just for development purposes but can function under production load as well.
- An easy way to make your application available: It's possible to assemble a complex application on this JumpBox and then use the backup mechanism to export the changes. You can effectively distribute your application by making the backup file available for download and instructing users to use the file to restore into an empty JumpBox for Tomcat. Coupled with the Rapid Trial widget this gives your visitors a convenient way to try out your Java application.
- Even less setup: It comes with a pre-configured MySQL database so there's even less setup work involved.
Benefits of running a JumpBoxDeploying an application as a JumpBox provides a dramatically-reduced path to getting started with the software. Aside from installation benefits it yields other advantages such as portability across computing environments and simplified ongoing maintenance of the application. Here are a few of the benefits to using a JumpBox:
- Self-contained deployment means easy to move or delete - it won't scatter files all over your operating system.
- New versions of the JumpBox contain updates to each component in the software stack so there's no patching web servers, application servers, databases, dependencies, etc.
- A web-based administration console simplifies the management of your application including SSL certs, email relaying, SSH, backups and more.
- Once you know how to install a JumpBox you can deploy any of 50+ other JumpBoxes and take advantage of a growing library of conveniently-packaged Open Source software.
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Deploy Mediawiki quickly.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Virtual appliance for Redmine project management system.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Easy-to-install environment to develop and deploy JRuby on Rail...
- File & directory compare & merge utility.