This script manages several issues of JPEG image manipulation: EXIF header, icons, rotation, Colorsync. Its goal is to improve compatibility between OS X applications and other software, specifically from Canon.
The first goal is to insert back an EXIF header in an image from which it has been removed or modified by an image manipulation program. It is the case for all Quicktime applications under OS X (Image Capture, Preview, iPhoto). They modify coding of headers and suppress some proprietary fields (e.g. from Canon). Photos are thus deprived of some shooting informations. If transferred back in the camera or on a memory card they are sometimes unreadable.
This script also able to rotate the image in a lossless process. This is not the case with iPhoto. One can revert to the original of iPhoto and then rotate it with this script.
For a correct color rendering in OS X apps, itis necessary to include a Colorsync profile in the images. Otherwise they are too bland (for camera pictures). "Image Capture" can include a profile at download, but mess the exif header. It is better to do it latter with this script.
The Readme/Usage are in script comments, you can open it with standard Apple application "Script Editor".
This "Manual" is also on the web site.
What's new in this version: version 2.1: correct a bug if language is undefined or BSD not installed
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Gif image conversion & transparency selection utility.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- PNG image conversion & transparency selection utility.
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Slide show viewer with handy file functions.
- Get an Office Clock styled widget for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Takes your Apple Remote further.