CNET Editors' review
There are so many note-writing and -keeping programs out there that you practically need one of them just to make sense of them all. Some of them stand apart by offering something extra, or, in the case of King Stair Software's Jot+ Notes, a lot extra. It's a note/cardfile program that will rid your work space of paper clutter, but you can also add subnotes to your notes, subnotes to those subnotes, and so on, until you have built up an outline of notes that you can use for organizing your material or even as the basis of a writing project, which you can also store and manage in Jot+ Notes. There's a password-protected diary/journal feature, too, and an Address book with Autodial. An Internet Links/Bookmarks feature makes it easy to import and export bookmarks between various browsers and other programs. It will handle a range of plug-ins, too, expanding the program's capabilities without bloat.
For a program with so many configurable options, Jot+ Notes has an admirably uncluttered interface that has the familiar and efficient layout of the typical email client or word processor. In fact, many of the controls will be familiar to those with experience using full-featured word processors. There are also many options for customizing the program's look and function, including the capability to assign custom functions to your keyboard.
The fully functional Jot+ Notes is free to try for 30 days, after which it's thirty bucks, or $29.95 to be precise, a pretty good bargain, considering all it does.
From King Stairs Software:
Jot+ Notes is a note/cardfile program with an added dimension: each note can have sub-notes, which in turn can have their own sub-notes, until you end up with a hierarchical tree or outline of notes. Outlining is just one of the many things Jot+ Notes is excellent for: Address book: Jot+ Notes's Autodial and e-mail address recognition make it easy to keep in touch. Diary/Journal: Jot+ Notes can password-protect your secret thoughts, keeping them from prying eyes. Internet Links/Bookmarks: Easy to transfer between different computers. E-Books: Jot+ Notes is an excellent way to store short stories or entire novels. Random Thought and Notes: Let Jot+ Notes help remove all of those yellow stickies cluttering your desk.
What's new in this version:
- Improved Vista compatibility.
- Password protection no longer requires external DLL's.
- New Insert Symbol dialog replaces old Character Map; supports Unicode.
- Windows Server 2003/2008 added to supported platforms list; Windows 9x/Me no longer formally supported.
- Locked notefiles now give an option to ignore that lock.
- Search/Replace Dialogs (plus others) can become translucent when they lose focus.
- New File|Shortcut command to place... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Launch scripts, applications, and other tasks easily.
- Create and manage various notes and reminders.
- Launch various programs and monitor pop e-mails.
- Create multiple notes with ease.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Automate your periodical typing jobs.
- Add a resizable alarm clock to your desktop with count down, st...
- Take notes of your needs in different purposes.
- Manage and view your Windows start-up programs.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"The Best One Out There,"
Version: Jot+ Notes 3.4.3 (568)
I've been using Jot Notes for years & it just keeps getting better. Kingstairs has always resbonded very quickly on any issues encountered. Catagorizes text, graphics & can have icon headers & even a spelling checker plugin.
"One of those small simple and useful solutions"
Version: Jot+ Notes 3.3
I have used Jot for a long time, first with version 1. This is a very useful package for keeping various small bits of information or memos in one place. For example passwords, how to do's, bits of code, thoughts and ideas, check lists and more. It loads quickly and is straight forward to use.
There aren't really any cons as long as one keeps in mind that this is not a full blown relational database, word processor or any other complex multifeature software package. This is just a convenient little cardfile and very useful as such.
"Has more uses than you think!"
Version: Jot+ Notes 3.2
This excellent little package does a lot - outlines, PIM, hyperlinking, images, etc. You really need to look at the examples and then let your imagination go.
The file import and export utilities leave a little bit to be desired, but these are minor matters. Still highly recommended!