CNET Editors' review
Resume-writing software has been around for years. There's a lot of it out there, and most of it's pretty similar. How about a resume writing aid that actually helps you find a job by organizing, improving, and facilitating your job search? JobTabs Job Search & Resume is just such a miracle worker. It will help you compose the perfect resume for your skills, experience, education, and career goals out of a wide range of resume styles and options. But where JobTabs stands apart from the crowd is in helping you use your resume. It will coordinate multiple resumes, cover letters, and prospects, and it will search the Internet for potential leads that you can check out. A job application wizard makes for quick, easy, and error-free forms and applications.
Upon installing, JobTabs lets you check online for its latest version and select automatic updates. As per the name, tabs under the main window select Recruiters, Employers, Networking, Resumes, Resources, Reports, and, last but not least, Jobs. There's a lot of detailed documentation to help you navigate the program's many features, such as tips for preparing and motivating, guides to avoiding common interview errors, and accessing job-search blogs.
A good resume program can help your job search by emphasizing your organizational skills, your professionalism, and your attention to detail. JobTabs Job Search & Resume is the candidate that really shines because of the many ways it helps organize and assist your job searches. It's free to try for 15 days and $49.95 to buy.
Land your dream job in record time. Cut your job search time in half by effortlessly managing multiple resumes, cover letters and insider contacts to move to the top of the candidate pool. If you find job search frustrating and demoralizing, why wouldn't you use a tool to make it easy? Eliminate repetitive typing - create search agents! Stop jotting down all those notes - save job postings directly from the web into JobTabs! Stop logging everything you do - email and cover letters are integrated! Stay motivated by learning from the best experts in the field. Have jobs and job search advice delivered to you daily - RSS feeds are seamlessly integrated into JobTabs! So simple to use! Works with LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter! Not only does JobTabs make the job search easier, it shows you what you need to do to get any job you want! It helps you carry out your job search step by step so that you know exactly where you are at any stage of the game. It clearly demonstrates through many of its built-in videos what you need to do and how you can get it done. Need a tailored resume for a new job posting? JobTabs shows you how to duplicate an existing resume in one click! Never lose a resume. Even if you delete a resume, every resume you have ever sent to any prospective employer is still readily available on a moment's notice. No tool has ever made the job search this easy. JobTabs is more than just getting an edge. It gives you peace of mind knowing that you have done everything you could possibly do to help yourself. The job search is one of the most difficult transitions most of us will ever make and no application does more to provide you with confidence and a positive outlook than JobTabs Job Search & Resume. The job search is winner take all - don't settle for anything but the best.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.528 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your job searching process and create professional resum...
- Create resumes and cover letters that grab employers' attention...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Use job search management tools to get organized, get focused, ...
- Keep track of the jobs you've applied for and get help finding ...
- Write a better resume, land a better job, and earn a higher sal...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Search thousands of employment Web sites and millions of jobs w...
- Organize and automate job search to save your time.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Compare job descriptions to resume.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Search the Internet for new jobs and connect with people who ca...
- Work through the components of a professional looking curriculu...
- Track new job vacancies.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create a professional-looking resume.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- View images and read about the political career and personal li...
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 44 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"My Job Search Cockpit"
Version: JobTabs Job Search and Resume Builder 184.108.40.2068
The number one thing for me was owning my own data. I would not consider an online program, because they own your data and if you have enough data then they own you. The vast majority of the downloadable programs were dogs. Pure unadulterated dogs. Then I installed this thing. This program is far and away the best app out there for managing your job search whether online or offline. It does what it says it does and it does it well.
It also saved job postings from the web. This was MAJOR and a surprise benefit I didn't know I needed until I started using it. If you apply to enough jobs, you will not have a clue in hell what job you applied to unless you have a copy of it. TRUST ME!!!
No cons really. Some job postings looked like crap when I saved them, but they were all readable and that is all you really need.
I am of the school that you need to submit a tailored resume to every job you apply to. This program did that in spades. Added benefits of keeping my own data and saving job postings from the web made this a no brainer.
No, I usually don't have time to type all this drivel out, BUT I accepted a job offer yesterday. : -) So if I have time to kill I will share my experience with the masses.