CNET Editors' review
Digital camera owners typically use image-editing software to rotate their JPEGs for proper display. Unfortunately, many image editors are "lossy," which means they decode and recode JPEG files as they are rotated, with a slight but inevitable loss of image quality. JPEG Lossless Rotator is a small, simple, yet effective bit of freeware that will rotate your JPEGs without decoding them, preserving the image quality, or, if the image can't be rotated without losing some pixels, it will ask you if you still want to rotate the image and tell you what it costs in pixels. JPEG Lossless Rotator uses a special block transformation to enable lossless image rotation. It also performs batch rotations and displays EXIF data.
JPEG Lossless Rotator is small and very easy to use, as is befitting a program designed to do pretty much one thing very well. The interface is clean and sparse, with a few basic icons and search and browse features. Selecting a folder generates thumbnails in the main window. You simply highlight a thumbnail and either right-click to display your image rotation options or use the controls on the toolbar to rotate your image right, left, or 180 degrees.
JPEG Lossless Rotator is a worthy bit of freeware and a sure keeper if you take a lot of digital pictures and care about the quality of the images you capture and save. The maker recommends testing the program out on a few unneeded files first, since apparently there are a few camera models that aren't compatible with it.
JPEG Lossless Rotator is free and handy tool for rotating digital photos and JPEG images without quality losses. In addition to preserving the quality of pictures, JPEG Lossless Rotator offers a neat and simple interface for viewing images and shell integration for quick mouse-click rotations. JPEG Lossless Rotator is very easy to use even for unexperienced computer users. Also features batch and automatic rotation, image flipping, renaming and deletion of files, digital photos EXIF-data displaying, command line, multilingual interface and portable version. In addition, according to iPhone users and the Apple Support Communities (discussions.apple.com), JPEG Lossless Rotator fixes the problem of locked iPhone 4 and 4S photos in Windows 7 Photo Viewer. Visit annystudio.com to download FREE JPEG Lossless Rotator.
What's new in this version: Version 9.1 added "Reset EXIF Orientation to Normal" function.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Strip personal information and GPS data from all your photos wi...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Process and enhance digital photos to get them ready quickly fo...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Rotate and resize your JPEG and GIF images and photos in batch ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Download, rotate, choose, edit, color profile, and print your p...
- View, add effects, and print your images.
- Make and edit icons and cursors, manage and convert images to i...
- Create slide puzzle where you use your own pictures.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create 3D objects using your jpeg photos for your desktop.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Beware downloading this! CNET infects PC with adware!"
Version: JPEG Lossless Rotator 9.1
The Lossless Rotator software is fine.
However, I used the CNET downloader and it sneakily downloaded horrible adware to my PC. Within moments, my social networking sites had been hijacked by flashing adverts and popups. My search engine was hijacked too.
Watch out for unsolicited rubbish like "Free Play" games and "PricePeep" shopping toolbars. Not to mention shocking adverts popping up all over your browser and social media pages.
I will never download from CNET again.
If CNET delete my review, it simply proves my point.