CNET Editors' review
Just as easy to use as it is to set up, InstantShot! for Mac gives any user the ability to capture a full screen shot, portion of the screen, or a timed screen shot in just a few quick steps.
With just a drag and drop in the Applications folder we had no trouble installing InstantShot! for Mac on our test machine. The menu, which was easy to use, was not in a traditional window, but appeared as a small icon in the top row of the screen. Clicking it drops down a menu with no graphics, but its selections are labeled well with text. Users have the options of taking single, full shots, capturing images in a window, taking multiple shots, and using a timer. There is also an option to change the size of the area to be captured. The output file format is also easily selected from a number of popular options, including JPEG. Each of the functions operates well and the images captured matched what was on the screen. The only feature that could perhaps be a good addition to this nice app is the ability to take screen videos.
Despite its rather basic interface, InstantShot! for Mac presents a good solution for taking screen images for later use. This software is suitable for any Mac user who needs a feature-packed screen capturing software.
From Digital Waters:
InstantShot!: screen capturing, the smart way.
Do you often use screenshot software and feel that something is missing? Don't you feel like they're not so efficient and that they are way too complicated? Tired of long menus? If you answered "yes" to one or more questions, InstantShot! is the software for you!
InstantShot!: the answer to your screencapturing troubles in just a few Kbytes.
What are the features of InstantShot! ?
InstantShot! offers classical screenshot functionality for capturing the whole screen, a portion of it or a window and also the option to make timed screenshots or to make delayed captures over time. It offers a wide range of possibilities and options to better fit everyone's needs.
How does InstantShot! works?
InstantShot! creates an icon in the menu bar. Clicking on the icon, a menu will appear. Select the capture type from the menu (whole screen, a portion of screen, timed screenshot or multiple captures) or, if you want to change the save format, select the desired one from the submenus and then... capture!
Which image formats are supported?
InstantShot! can save images in Tiff, Jpg and Png format and to the clipoard so you can import the image directly in other applications.
Will InstantShot! occupy space on my desktop?
Absolutely not! InstantShot! doesn't appear in your dock or on your desktop!
In what languages is InstantShot! available?
The software is currently available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Traditional Chinese. Contact us through our site if you'd like to contribute a localization!
What's new in this version:
- ported for Lion compatibility
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Screen capture utility.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Universal system monitoring widget.
- Changes file type/creator codes.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Easily convert images to icons.
- Snap windows into position by dragging them to the edges and co...
- Create manga and cartoons.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Remove e-mail directly from the mail server.
- Open apps, web sites and search engines, run commands and perfo...
- Make screenshots and thumbnails of several web pages at once.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: InstantShot 2.6b
works with osx mavericks
watch out for spam installer.
kind of quirky. i had to install cnet downloader to get it and that wanted to install a lot of junk and make changes to my preferences. yuck. if you have to do this be sure to click custom install and uncheck all of these "options". first time i used it i couldn't go back to other apps, even a finder window, but since i was doing a backup and restart anyway it turned out okay. i liked 2.5 so i hope they fix these quirks and ensure it's really stable with mavericks before a final release
"Not ready to release"
Version: InstantShot 2.6b
handy concept. free.
crashes when system menu tab selected in prefs
CRASHES ENTIRE Mac GUI when taking picture in a rectangle
problems easily rectified no doubt but do not use this version in Lion