CNET Editors' review
It's easy to change your Windows log-on screen to match your desktop wallpaper or display any image you like with InstantLogonChanger from ArturDev. Designed to display corporate logos on a company's computers, this simple freeware lets you apply your own image as your Windows log-on background. It can handle JPEGs, BMPs, PNGs, GIFs, and TIFFs. But it does more than simply change the log-on screen's background image: It can also fit images to your screen or your taste using the familiar Fit, Fill, Stretch, Center, and Tile controls, as well as change the background color to enhance images that are too small to fill the entire screen. This lightweight tool's system tray icon and program alerts can be hidden, too. We tried the 64-bit version of InstantLogonChanger.
InstantLogonChanger's small interface has three tabs: Logon Background, Settings, and About. The About tab displays the EULA, and the Settings tab has an Update button as well as check boxes to hide the system tray icon and check daily for updates. The business takes place on the Logon Background tab, but it's quite simple, too: Four long button bars, plus a check box to tell the program to always use your desktop wallpaper (whatever it might be at the time) as your log-on background. When this box is selected, the Use Current Wallpaper button is deactivated; unchecking the feature activated the button, letting us designate our system's current wallpaper as our log-on screen. This distinction is handy if you want to keep a certain image as your log-on background or have it change with your wallpaper. We could also browse to an image, use a solid color as a log-on background, or restore the default settings.
We clicked Use Your Own Image as Logon Background and browsed to a JPEG. An Image Position control let us select how we wanted our picture to appear, and it displayed a preview with each option -- very helpful indeed! When we selected Center, InstantLogonChanger activated a Change background control that opened a standard color picker. You can move the image to another folder without changing your log-on screen, too. The solid color tool also opens a color picker. When we logged on again, Windows displayed our new image.
From Arturs Sits:
With InstantLogonChanger always have your Windows 7 logon background the same as your Desktop wallpaper or set it to any other image or color without any security prompts or changing system files. JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, or TIFF image formats are supported. You can fill, fit, stretch, tile, or center your image and change background color for images that are too small to fit the screen. Made with a business user in mind, InstantLogonChanger allows you to disable all of it's notifications, such as update alerts, by enabling Hide InstantLogonChanger tray icon setting. InstantLogonChanger also automatically adjusts logon screen text and button color so they're better visible no matter what image is used as a logon background.
More Products to Consider
- Display your Windows 7 logon background the same as your deskto...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Capture screenshots on your PC screen.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Watch the tennis balls as they bounce on your desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Place a wallpaper of two white tigers in your desktop.
- Practice math facts and play 6 fun and challenging math games.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Challenge yourself in a mysterious game of mahjongg.
- Scroll a background image.
- Changes login screen in Windows 7.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Watch the ice hockey pucks as they bounce on your desktop.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Watch the bouncing balls in a football field on your desktop.