CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Instagram for Android combines great tools to add beauty to your photos with cool social sharing features. It's become synonymous with filtering and sharing photos for a reason. If you want a photo diary of what all of your friends and family are doing, there's no better way to get it.
You need to create an account to get to the app, but logging in through Facebook is allowed. If you choose that route, you can create a less personal username. The app will also scan your Facebook friends list and add anyone who uses it to your feed. Your feed is similar to Facebook, but there are no text posts--just pictures. You can like or comment on any picture you see. Since the app was designed to work with iPhones first, it makes sense that it still looks like an iPhone app. Instagram for Android lets you snap a picture in the app or upload one from your gallery to edit and filter. There are a few dozen filters to choose from and all of them look professional and stylish. Once you've picked your favorite, you can add it to your photo map or share it with other social networks right from the app. It does take a little while to process your photo, though. That's just about the only negative thing you can say about this app.
Instagram for Android may be the butt of many hipster jokes, but it deserves the title of king when it comes to social photo sharing apps. It's perfect for taking, sharing, and browsing photos of people, places, and anything else that strikes your fancy.
From Instagram, Inc:
Over 130 million users love Instagram!It's a simple way to capture and share the world's moments on your Android.Customize your photos and videos with one of several gorgeous and custom built filter effects. Transform everyday moments into works of art you'll want to share with friends and family.Share your photos and video in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you'll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.Features 100% free custom designed filters: XPro-II, Earlybird, Rise, Amaro, Hudson, Lo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville, 1977, and others. Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field. Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare Unlimited uploads Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2 And much much moreRecent changes:* Automatically straighten your photos when you take them with the Instagram camera* Simplified video settings to give you more control when sound plays* Added setting to help you control data usage when watching video= New in 4.1 =* Share videos from your photo library* Recording video is now also supported for all devices running ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)Content rating: Medium Maturity
What's new in this version:
- Improved design
- Automatically straighten your photos when you take them with the Instagram camera
- Simplified video settings to give you more control when sound plays
- Added setting to help you control data usage when watching video
- Share videos from your photo library Recording video is now also supported for all devices running Ice Cream Sandwich
More Products to Consider
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Get daily recommendations for apps and games and download recom...
- YouNow is a place where you can discover awesome people and mak...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- Unblock sites and surf anonymously with your Android device.
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- Download pictures from Instagram to your PC.
- Browse photos from the top ten tags on Instagram.
- A perfect & refined collection of some of the best Best Friend ...
- Browse, like, and comment on all photos of your friends.
- Take a photo with One Direction! Put them into your photos and ...
- Input the Instagram user name and download all his photos with ...
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Take beautiful photos, enhance with filters, and share your lif...
- FREE unlimited text and picture messaging. Chat with your Faceb...
- Don't let your special memories captured in thousands of photos...
- Access Instagram from your desktop faster to see fun and gorgeo...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Add film and retouch effects to your photos.
- MOLOME : Shoot Share Badged Play.
- Voxle - know what happens around you!Map of local events and pe...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
Version: Instagram 3.4.1
Well, it is free
I do agree that Instagram is (hopefully) a fad, most filters make photos look like aged (1920-30s) National Geographic pics. Also it's so insecure that I consider it spyware.
"Great editing options"
Version: Instagram 3.0.4
Really impressed with the effects. Works well on my galaxy.
Needs some time to get used to
"Fun, love, but no SD move?"
Version: Instagram 1.0.0
fast, fun, social, creative
Won't move to my EVO's SD card, uses too much internal memory
Will keep it, but had to delete something I liked to get room!
"FINALLY!!! It's here !!!!"
Version: Instagram 1.0.0
Great effects, sharing is easy.
a bit tricky to use at first, not intuitive enough for us dumb Android users - lol. And there are to many similar retro effects.
I'm still convinced that making beautiful digital photos look like crappy Instamatic photos from thirty years ago is a fad that we're all going to look back on in a few years and wonder "What were we thinking, those look terrible"...... sort of like how we look at acid-washed jeans today.
But- at least there's one less thing for Apple users to be so damn smug about.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content