CNET Editors' review
InSight--in theory, at least--allows users to create outlines to organize information. Unfortunately, we found the program so confusing and unintuitive that it didn't allow us to do much of anything.
The program's interface contains a lot of unfamiliar-looking buttons. We were hoping that with a little bit of practice it would all start to make sense to us, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Even the program's QuickStart Guide was hard to understand (in part, we think, because of its obnoxious, 1990s Web site-style wallpaper, which made the text hard to read). We read and fiddled, read and fiddled, and finally started making our first outline. The entire process was unintuitive, and when we realized that the drag-and-drop option for rearranging topics only sort-of worked, we gave up.
Does the program have special features? Perhaps it does, but we could barely perform the basics. We do like the fact that, as opposed to making outlines in a word-processing program, InSight displays a tree hierarchy of topics, and that users can theoretically move around within the outline using links to other parts of it. The program seems quite full of features, actually, but we found the whole thing so time-consuming and frustrating that we just didn't really care. InSight has a 21-day trial period. It installs politely but leaves a file behind upon removal. We do not particularly recommend this program; there are easier, more intuitive ways to make outlines.
Advanced, innovative and user-friendly outliner and information manager. Features include: fast multilevel treeview, tabbed interface, clipboard capture, templates, favorites, export to HTML and RTF, spell checker, date stamp, text formatting, regular expressions, light speed search, text comparison, hyperlinks with direct access to URLs, files and registry.
What's new in this version: Version 4.2 features: clipboard capture dialog (Snatcher) incorporates advanced editing features like font styles, indent/unindent, and text case change as in the editor.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Meet online, share your screen and video conference with anyone...
- Function-packed mouseware.
- Master your stuttering with speech therapy.
- Teach addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to yo...
- Help you to develop positive mindset.
- Access and control your home or office Windows PC remotely.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Plan and write a novel or your life story.
- Share your screen with another user quickly and easily.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1