CNET Editors' review
InSight--in theory, at least--allows users to create outlines to organize information. Unfortunately, we found the program so confusing and unintuitive that it didn't allow us to do much of anything.
The program's interface contains a lot of unfamiliar-looking buttons. We were hoping that with a little bit of practice it would all start to make sense to us, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Even the program's QuickStart Guide was hard to understand (in part, we think, because of its obnoxious, 1990s Web site-style wallpaper, which made the text hard to read). We read and fiddled, read and fiddled, and finally started making our first outline. The entire process was unintuitive, and when we realized that the drag-and-drop option for rearranging topics only sort-of worked, we gave up.
Does the program have special features? Perhaps it does, but we could barely perform the basics. We do like the fact that, as opposed to making outlines in a word-processing program, InSight displays a tree hierarchy of topics, and that users can theoretically move around within the outline using links to other parts of it. The program seems quite full of features, actually, but we found the whole thing so time-consuming and frustrating that we just didn't really care. InSight has a 21-day trial period. It installs politely but leaves a file behind upon removal. We do not particularly recommend this program; there are easier, more intuitive ways to make outlines.
Advanced, innovative and user-friendly outliner and information manager. Features include: fast multilevel treeview, tabbed interface, clipboard capture, templates, favorites, export to HTML and RTF, spell checker, date stamp, text formatting, regular expressions, light speed search, text comparison, hyperlinks with direct access to URLs, files and registry.
What's new in this version: Version 4.2 features: clipboard capture dialog (Snatcher) incorporates advanced editing features like font styles, indent/unindent, and text case change as in the editor.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Plan your activities, display notifications, launch application...
- Allow you to convert any PC into a till.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Track source code changes source code with a file-level version...
- Perform complex calculations and mine bitcoins.
- Send, receive, and manage e-mail and instant messages.
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Collect and combine appointments, regimes and records.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Perform all kinds of mathematical operations on PC.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Find prime numbers and pairs of primes and plot associated hist...
- Manage tasks securely from any PC and synchronize between devic...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Plan and write a novel or your life story.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1