CNET Editors' review
IdPhotos 2008 bills itself as an easy way for users to create photos appropriate for a variety of identification types. Although the program has potential, it wasn't as easy to use as we had hoped it would be.
The program's interface is sleek, and at first glance it seemed like it would be fairly intuitive. Users first select the type of document for which they need a photo; specifications for documents from 31 countries are listed, including those for passports, visas, and other types of ID. Each document type notes, for example, what color the background should be, whether the ears must be exposed, and so on. Next, users select the photo they want to use, and the program walks users through the process of centering and cropping the image. This seemed like it was going to be an easy process until we ran into a big error message reading "A part of the crop is out of the image." What did this mean? We consulted the Help file, an online PDF, but it's written in such poor English that it's practically meaningless. We tried the program with two other photos and finally got it to work with the third one, although we're still not sure why that photo worked and the other two didn't. We did like that the program gives users a variety of formats in which they can print images, and overall we felt like the program had the potential to be very useful, if only it provided clearer instructions for its users.
IdPhotos 2008 is free. It installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program with reservations.
IdPhotos is an advanced but easy-to-use tool designed for automatic image processing of passports, visas and any other ID photos. IdPhotos Pro features a standard catalogue of ready-to-use templates - for passports, visas, driving licenses and other identity card photographs. With the IdPhotos Pro software, photographers avoid the problems with dimensions, head size or resolution that usually cause ID photos unaccepted by officials. Advanced features make this software a very attractive solution for the many demands of contemporary digital photographic studios. In just a few seconds any user can send the appropriate ID photos for printing.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create, share and print at home personalized photo books, calen...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Easily create panoramas like a pro.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Recover files deleted from your Windows computer.
- View, edit, and manipulate your images.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Manage content on your TomTom device.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1