CNET Editors' review
ID Photo Maker provides a simple but impressive set of tools for creating the photos needed for various means of identification. We were constantly pleased with the program's thoughtful options for perfecting our ID image.
ID Photo Maker's interface immediately sent us the signal that it was a professional program. Its design is sleek and simple to navigate, so much so that we never even thought to read the Help file. The program contains the ID information for dozens of countries; we chose an American passport. After choosing which ID to make and employing the useful cropping feature, we set up a matrix based off of the biometrics of each eye, the chin, and the top of the head. Using these, the program cropped our image to each ID's regulation standards. The program also offers several touch-up features that help dial in a perfect image, including adjustable brightness and color levels and even a background blur feature. All were simple to operate and helped the shot quality. The finished product was a clean, attractive photo ready to be submitted with a passport application. Overall, we were impressed with this simple and effective program and could see it saving money over having a photo professionally taken.
ID Photo Maker is freeware. It installs desktop icons without permission. Its professional layout and simplicity make this a program to recommend.
From ID Photo Maker Studio:
ID Photo Maker is a powerful and easy to use standard ID photo, passport photo, visa photo and other photo identification making software. With its built-in variety of ID photo styles and output templates, professional cropping feature, step-by-step user interface, detailed video tutorials, comprehensive help-files and prompt hint. ID Photo Maker will help you making standard ID photos in minutes! Standard ID photo style: Built-in variety of ID photo styles are set in accordance with the standard .? Professional and easy to use cropping feature: The cropping feature are set in accordance with the ISO/IEC standard that enables you to make your passport photos, visa photos in minutes. Powerful image processing features: Built-in various image processing features, supports brightness adjustment, grayscale, change backcolor, gamma adjustment, contrast adjustment etc. ? Output templates and powerful layout features: Built-in A6, 3R and 4R paper output templates. Supports multi-size and multi-photo mixing layout feature which can helps you to save your papers. Supports manual layout, auto layout and batch layout features, which helps you layout and output your passport photos easily.? Digital Camera Control: With its built-in Digital Camera Control feature (supports Canon EOS series) that lets you to connect digital camera to your PC (use USB cable for connection) to take photos from camera directly on software.
What's new in this version: Version 3.2 added digital camera control feature.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Automate processing of ID photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Chase bandits and find stolen presents.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Keep track of all aspects of winemaking.
- Create custom size license or ID photos.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Modify your Windows Taskbar.
- Print and copy multiple ID photos.
- Resize your photos for U.S. passport application.
- Add buttons to your HTML pages or transform your projects by ap...
- Create and print passport photos from home.
- Watch as Taz performs his rude antics.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"freeware my butt!"
Version: ID Photo Maker 3.2
clean wizard based interface
Inability to print, even with a watermark to appraise the result rendering it useless
"Rubbish for UK photo requirements"
Version: ID Photo Maker 3.2
User interface seems interesting
Basically "Rubbish". Cropping doesn't work ok - selected region size can't be adjusted, doesn't let you preview images without first cropping them - even if your pic is already the right size.Won't allow saving or printing without buying license.
Worthless piece of software. Needs a lot of improvement before it becomes market worthy.
Version: ID Photo Maker 3.2
Good layout options, easy photo cropping and retouching.
The final product may not be printed or saved without buying a license.
This free-to-use program is crippled as one is unable to print even a single ID to evaluate the final result.
"This is not for the personal id photo you want"
Version: ID Photo Maker 3.1
It's free and it's on download.com
This will not link with a HP web cam to show the picture or when you just want to pick a picture from your desk top this will not show it or pick it.