HoudahGeo is a photo geocoding & geotagging solution made for Mac OS X. It 'pins' photos to locations where they were taken.
Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo can store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file. HoudahGeo writes industry standard EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags to JPEG and RAW images without recompression or loss of quality.
HoudahGeo is tightly integrated with Apple iPhoto and Aperture. It can also access images in your Apple Photos library and Adobe Lightroom catalog.
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
- Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr or locr
HoudahGeo can publish GPS tracks and photos to Google Earth: see your photos in context along the path you travelled.
Geotagging is essential for professionals who need to know and show where photos were taken. It really shines when documenting travel. Image a Safari. Animals roaming in the middle of nowhere. Driving all day to capture the best moments. Return home and see a birds-eye view of your journey. Locate the exact tree that leopard was perched in.
HoudahGeo offers you many ways of geocoding your favorite photos:
- Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints. GPX, NMEA, Sony LOG, Wintec TES,
- iPhone / iPad: Matches photos to reference photos taken using iPhone
- Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in maps
- Using Google Earth: Point to the desired location
- Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
- Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, etc.
What's new in this version:
- Bug fix: iPhoto libraries on external drives Fixes a problem causing excessive resource usage when loading iPhoto libraries located on external drives
- Bug fix: GPS devices Fixes a bug which could prevent HoudahGeo from detecting newly connected USB devices
- Enhancement: Image selection When removing an image from a project, HoudahGeo now selects the next image in the list
- Enhancement: Document saving HoudahGeo now finalizes text field edits before sav... See all new features »