CNET Editors' review
Home Loan Interest Manager Pro provides a tool for monitoring every aspect of mortgages. While the program can get overwhelming, it ultimately helps users understand home loans.
With the program's many command options, we smartly headed to the topic-oriented Help file. This, along with the program's wizard, showed us how to navigate our loan within minutes. We needed to have a lot of information present to fill out the wizard (Interest rates, loan amounts, duration of the loan, etc.), but it was worth the hassle since it laid the foundation of our mortgage. Some other options were much more difficult, such as the tools for checking errors, reviewing costs, and planning for the future. Each of these lacked the wizard's strong design and required us to return to the Help file to learn more about their various fields. Once we felt more comfortable, these tools pieced together and provided a better image of how our personal finances and debt played into our mortgage. One feature that actually made things easier was the ability to import transactions from a spreadsheet. This went directly into the financial planning program and saved us from having to manually input the data. Overall, the program required patience and some added effort, but we did get a clearer picture of the complicated world of mortgage loans.
Home Loan Interest Manager Pro comes with a 14-day trial. While it takes effort and patience to properly work it, we recommend this program for home financial planning.
From Home Money Manager:
Home Loan Interest Manager track pro software plan and manage all aspects of your loans, check the accuracy of your interest charges, and discover how to pay off your mortgage sooner. It does all the hard work for you, so you will only need a few minutes a year to keep your mortgage and loans under control.
What's new in this version: Version 7.1.120603 adds option to clear matched Categories added to the Transaction View Screen.
More Products to Consider
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Calculate mortgage payments and interest.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Save thousands of dollars on mortgage and own your home years e...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Calculate mortgage overpayments.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Compute Income Tax based on Indian system.
- Review 13 different ways of paying off your debt and calculate ...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Compute monthly payments and prints amortization schedule.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Perform financial, investment, inflation, statistics, graphic, ...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Manage and predict your financial accounts status.
- Calculate and save term deposits with amortization.
- Compute total time spent on different projects by your team mem...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Calculate monthly loan payments and payment schedules.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"If you have a mortgage, you need this software!"
Version: Home Loan Interest Manager Pro 4.1.061127
I've been using this software to check my mortgage and loans for 2 1/2 years now. I have found 3 errors on my mortgage and 2 on my line of equity so am very grateful that I use it (originally recommended to me by my mortgage broker).
Very well written, very accurate, lots of excellent features, helpful support staff, and all round good software.
It is good there is a fully-functional free trial that lets you test it out with your own loans, so you can start auditing straight away and really see all the features working before you buy the software.
I agree with the last person's comments that the Import Wizard is great as it makes really light work of loading your transactions.
I also noticed that version 4.1 now comes with all the Java files you need, so no longer need to install them separately.
Originally I was hesitant about the price, but having found over $650 of errors on my loans (that I would have never known about unless I regularly checked them) I am now more than happy (and still 15+ years of mortgage term left).
"Good mortgage checker, easy to use and lots of features"
Version: Home Loan Interest Manager Pro 3.1
I have been using this mortgage checker since version 1.1 and it just keeps getting better. I have found two mistakes on my mortgage so far, something I would not have known without it. What I really like is that once you have set up your mortgage, it is so easy to audit your future statements. I use the import wizard and category matching tool each 6 months and it takes me next to no time to see what my bank has been up to. I also like the fact that you have all your mortgage information available to you, and it has extra reports that give you an insight into the cost of your mortgage and how much interest you can save by paying your mortgage off sooner. This was by far the best mortgage checker I found when I was shopping around, and if you have a mortgage then you should think seriously about trying it.
On the whole I have been very happy with this software. It does require Java to use it, which I had to install, but there are good instructions and it was straight forward.