From Web Responsive:
Do you ever feel tired in your shoulders, neck or back when working many hours in front of the computer? Well, you are not the only one. At Web Responsive we want to help you feel better in the end of the day, so we have developed an application specifically to improve your body posture with an exercise and stretching program particularly targeted at your back, shoulders, neck and wrists. The application uses the Pomodoro technique to help you increase your productivity while suggesting varied exercises and stretches in each pause. It is simple, fun to use and unobtrusive.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- View how much time you spend in each running application on you...
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Secure and protect your keycodes, passwords, bookmarks, credit ...
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Protect your PC from hackers, Trojan horses, and malicious soft...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Web filter.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Perfect solution for both mental and physical tension"
Version: HealthWize - WorkSmart 1.0.6
Extremely simple and easy to use, with a few options to customize work and break times, what type of exercises you're most interested in, whether your personal trainer is male or female, etc.
Works exactly as described, default is based on the 25 min "pomodoro" work session and 5 minute break.
Compact window (or even smaller text option) with option to stay on top of all other windows.
Obvious alert noise and pop-up stretching recommendations end each work session.
End of break time is signaled by another alert noise, but you have to go click the "play" button to start the next "pomodoro" - meaning it doesn't just start counting work time when you've left your desk or something.
I haven't found a way to change the alert sound, which reminds me of a school bell.
I have trouble staying on task when looking at a full day's work, so this helps me break it down into manageable chunks. I can focus on work for 25 minutes, then have a 5 minute break to check email or whatever else comes up. I also have a tendency to get stuck on one task that will never be perfect or that there are a million different ways to try doing, and the breaks give me a chance to reassess my priorities and decide if this is really the best use of my limited time (do I want to spend the next "pomodoro" on this, or should I take this opportunity to switch gears?).
Finally, I tend to have bad posture while working intensely, and stress brings on awful muscle spasms in my upper back and neck, so the stretching exercises are *extremely* helpful in avoiding a lot of pain.
In short, this is exactly what I was looking for, plus an extra feature that I didn't know I was looking for but is perfect for me! I had tried several other timers, some based on the pomodoro technique and others based on other methods to help you focus, but they either lacked features I wanted, had too many features that just made it over complicated and distracting, or just didn't work. This one is perfect.