CNET Editors' review
If you have diabetes, hypertension, or other chronic medical conditions, you no doubt know the value of tracking your blood sugar, blood pressure, and other health metrics. Health Monitor is an easy-to-use program that lets you record a variety of types of health information and track it over time.
Health Monitor comes with two sample users, so it's easy to see how the program works before you create a profile for yourself and get started. The interface is arranged in six tabs: Summary, Readings, Charts, Reports, Users and Help. We created a new profile for ourselves, entering our name, sex, date of birth, and height, as well as the metrics that we wanted to track with Health Monitor. Options include blood pressure, pulse, weight, cholesterol, triglycerides, uric acid, blood sugar, and body mass index. Users can also choose metric or standard units of measurement. Once we'd created our profile, we simply entered our data for each of our selected metrics. The Summary tab displayed color-coded graphs for each metric, with a pointer indicating our score and whether it was in the low, normal, prehigh, or high category. Users can also create charts and reports summarizing the health information over a selected period of time, and these can be printed for your own records or to share with your doctor. The Help tab contains information about some of the finer points of using Health Monitor, but overall, we found the program quite easy to master, and we didn't need any help getting started. We think that Health Monitor is a great choice for anyone seeking an easy way to keep track of important health information.
Health Monitor comes as a RAR file. It installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal.
Health Monitor is a database that holds medical readings. It was initially developed to hold and view my own blood pressure readings but it has now been extended to hold Blood pressure Systolic & Diastolic, Pulse, Weight, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Uric Acid, Blood Sugar, and Body Mass Index. The readings are held by user by date and time so that you can easily switch between the results. The built in 2D/3D graphs are a method for viewing your levels that give you an instant insight into how you are doing. Highlight your highest and lowest readings. You can also use the interactive chart zoom features to drill down into the results. The reports allow you to generate documents that you take along to your doctor or hospital. On the summary page are a custom set of gauges which are color coded Low, Normal, Pre High and High to remind you how well you are doing, or not.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2.1 has fixed bug when trying to view a chart that you have not selected to use.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Monitor your weight, blood pressure, blood sugar, and body fat.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Calculate your Metabolic Rate Body Mass Index, and daily calori...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Compute your BMI based on your height and weight.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Determine whether your are underweight or obese by calculating ...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Monitor your blood sugar and print readings.
- Calculate you basal metabolic rate to know how many calories yo...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Calculate your body mass index and get health recommendations.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Find out how to lose weight without risking your health.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Compute your weight, BMI, and calorie consumption.
- Monitor and print your blood sugar readings.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Achieve long-lasting weight loss and monitor what you eat.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Total POS. Free download to open - that does not WORK."
Version: Health Monitor 2.2.1
Since it cannot be opened how can it have anything positive to say other than it is a POS.
Cannot possibly describe the total frustration trying to open this POS software. The free download that is supposed to open it is even worse. CNET should be ashamed they have anything to do with this CRAP.
It will be a LONG time before I trust CNET for another download.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content