From Humble Daisy:
While creating ProfCast, we wanted to have a way to get the crash reports back to us and not just to Apple. To solve this problem we found Smart Crash Reporter from Unsanity Software, but it did not solve our problem as well as we wanted it to. So we rolled up our sleeves and implemented a solution that provided what we needed. The result a crash reporter that lives within your application. It does not catch the crash in the same way as other solutions. HDCrashReporter, when invoked, looks at the logs to see if the application crashed last time it was run. If a crash was detected, HDCrashReporter asks the user if he/she wants to submit in the crash report. In addition to the basic crash report, HDCrashReporter also sends in a filtered console log so that you can see exactly what occurred before the crash. You can download the framework here along with its source. It has been build as a Universal binary, and thus requires 10.4, but if it is rebuilt, it could run on 10.3 as it uses bindings.
What's new in this version: This new version of HDCrashReporter builds on top of the previous version. By re-factoring the code, we gave access to the code that retrieve the crash report and the console log, so that you can get those information independently of the rest. Also the console log and crash report are now sent as attachments. We also integrated the following submission contributed by Marc Liyanage 1.) Localizations. I used HDCrashReporter in an application which is localized in four languages so I translated ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Create sheets of simple math exercises for elementary school.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- File & directory compare & merge utility.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: