CNET Editors' review
Gyms and health clubs are complex businesses, with memberships, controlled access, retail functions, equipment, personal trainers, and much more. Gym Master Lite is a program that can help you manage all of these various aspects of your business, provided you want to take the time to learn how to use it. Although the program is jam-packed with features, its layout is less than intuitive.
The program's interface isn't particularly attractive, with a boxy, somewhat dated look. A navigation bar down the left side gives quick access to the Main Menu, Todo List, Find Member, Last Visitors, Billing, Reports, and Setup screens. Gym Master Lite comes with a 103-page PDF user manual, and with good reason; there's a lot to it, and it's not exactly easy to figure out. We were able to create a new member, sell him a membership, schedule a session with a personal trainer for him, and sell him a bottle of water with the program, but there are a lot of advanced features that take some more effort to master. There are also quite a few useful features that are disabled in the Lite version of the program, such as the ability to print receipts and send bulk e-mails and text messages to members. We liked that the program offers support for external membership card readers and bar code readers for point-of-sale use; overall we found it to be quite comprehensive. It's worth taking a look at the Lite version of the program if you're in the market for a gym management program, but you'll probably want to shop around a bit; we suspect there are more intuitive options out there.
Gym Master Lite installs and uninstalls without issues.
Gym Master is a health club membership system that is easy to use. Gym Master will help you look after your members, and their activities and memberships. It is designed for gyms, health clubs, recreation centers, swimming pools, clubs, churches and any organization that deals with memberships. You can control access to your facility with gates and and RFID card access. Know which members are in the gym, and make certain only paying members are using your facilities. With a complete point of sale system and booking system it is the perfect complete tool for running a health club or gym.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Monitor and display your memory and CPU usage in percentage.
- Manage your club from A to Z.
- Maintain membership administration and subscription accounting ...
- Track, analyze, and generate Cricket game stats.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Monitor your computer system activity.
- Track and store membership, contacts and other info for non-pro...
- Listen to great club beats via the Internet.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Log TCP and UDP port activity on a local system.
- Manage your clubs and generate reports.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage facility maintenance and repair activity.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Play blackjack on your desktop and compete on tournaments.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very impressed with the huge range of features"
Version: Gym Master Lite 4.2.3
I have been looking for software for a while now and most impressed with GymMaster. It offered a huge range of features within the lite version and allowed me to configure multiple membership types and different pricing options. A significant amount of info can be recorded against each member and even new fields can be added which was great as I needed to include more info on ethnicity for our grant application. The paid version includes PoS, SMS and Email. So far the product seems stable and reliable.
As it is very comprehensive it took me longer to figure out how to configure the system to meet my gyms needs than it did when I reviewed some of the more basic software packages available.