CNET Editors' review
RegRun Reanimator from Greatis Software is a free tool that can help users remove malware such as Trojans, adware, spyware, and even many rootkits. It offers several kinds of scans, but inexperienced users may benefit most from its unique scan-report-fix process, which transmits data to the developers, who analyze it and create a one-click fix that they send back to you, apparently free of charge. We say "apparently" because the documentation's translations aren't always as clear as they might be, but more importantly because it's not wise to "fix" problems that don't exist.
Reanimator's compact interface isn't the most efficient or attractive design we've encountered, but it gets the job done. Since the program automatically checked for updates when we opened it, we clicked Backup System Files to create a backup of our system settings. A series of small tabs defines the program's primary functions, beginning with Virus Scan, which we clicked. We then clicked the large Next button, thinking that would start the scan, but it advanced us to the next tab, Send Report, so we went back and clicked Scan for Viruses. We were offered four choices: Send Report, Scan Windows Startup, Online Multivirus Scan, and Reveal Hidden or Infected Files, though the last tool requires additional software on a CD-ROM. We selected the startup scan, which has a reboot option as well as an advanced deep-scan option requiring a reboot. The first scan notified us that our system was infected and that we'd better send a report. We wanted to see for ourselves what the scan turned up, and it's lucky we checked, because the "virus" was actually part of our antivirus software. We added it to the program's clean list, and subsequent scans passed over it, but we were glad indeed we hadn't trusted a remote fix to catch the scan's error.
That brings up an important point about this powerful tool, which can also remove viruses, restore settings, and other things: Most of what it does is better left to experienced users, and Reanimator agrees, offering many caution messages. If you're fairly sure your system is infected by viruses or other malware but don't feel comfortable removing the infected files manually, its custom-made fixes certainly offer a viable alternative.
From Greatis Software:
Reanimator is a free of charge software for removing Trojans, Adware, and Spyware and some of the rootkits. Reanimator does not contain any adware and spyware modules. Compatible with all known antiviral software.
What's new in this version:
- Version 184.108.40.206:
- Improved Anti-Rootkit Engine.
- Added Fix for Alureon.FE (TDL4-MBRPART) rootkit.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Detect and kill rootkits, malware, and trojans.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your system against Trojans, rootkits, spyware, and adw...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Detect and remove adware and spyware from your PC.
- Get professional antivirus and anti-spyware protection for your...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Remove and block all types of spyware and viruses on your compu...
- Protect your PC from spyware, malware, and other threats.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your system from all forms of malware.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Remove spyware, adware, Trojan horses or keyloggers with two in...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Greatis Reanimator 220.127.116.11
No Pros about this infection!
Terrible Program, don't waste your time, it gave me 17 root kits!
Program sucks, don't try it!
CNET, REMOVE THIS SOFTWARE IT CAUSES INFECTIONS!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content