CNET Editors' review
True to its name, this popular and affordable app's main functionality is converting graphic files--importing from some 200 formats and exporting to about 80 at last count, with a tremendously time-saving batch processor thrown in for good measure. But GraphicConverter also proves invaluable as a high-speed image editor that lets you quickly browse, resize, sharpen, adjust color, and optimize for the Web, all at a price that makes commercial packages blush.
GraphicConverter's interface hasn't quite kept up with its ever-growing feature set (and many of its most useful features can be accessed outside of the app anyway, through contextual menus), but what this app lacks in simplicity it more than makes up for with copious features. The app also includes extensive documentation, and the program's uber-diligent programmer (whom even Apple has called "one of the most conscientious developers in the shareware universe") provides frequent fixes and updates. Recent changes have included the ability to view images in a "digital light room" browser mode, a completely rewritten backend for support of 64-bit, added support for large images with more than 16,000 X 16,000 pixels, and many more fixes and minor feature enhancements.
If you're looking for a low-cost way to make quick edits to images or batch convert to other formats, this app is a no-brainer for Mac.GraphicConverter - View, edit, and convert images on Mac OS - Download Video Previews:
From Lemke Software:
GraphicConverter offers you everything you need and would expect for an all-round editing software for your Mac with ease of use, an excellent range of functions, stability and reliability. GraphicConverter is able to open and import approx. 200 different picture formats, i.e. almost every form of picture file, regardless of the operating system or computer platform on which the file was made. In order to enable you to exhange pictures with other users GraphicConverter currently allows you to save your pictures in approx. 80 different formats. Depending on the format used, GraphicConverter offers a variety of settings for the import and export of files.
What's new in this version: Download: ul>
- added average batch and effect
- added import of .422 (created by Magic Lantern)
- added "Browse Copy" menu item to browse local copy drive (if cloud client is installed)
- added "Browse Google Drive" menu item to browse local copy dr... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Covert, manipulate, and edit image files.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Convert multimedia files between formats.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Feature-rich and easy-to-use image editor for editing photos, d...
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- NIC is the perfect tool for collecting images from Usenet newsg...
- WIC is the perfect tool for collecting images from one or more ...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps.
- Convert several 3D image formats so they are readable on your M...
- View comic and manga images.
- Modify your images and convert between many popular graphic for...
- Create and edit images on your Mac using aa set of image tools,...
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 96 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fabulous app that really works well with little effort."
Version: GraphicConverter 9.1
This app can take almost any image and correct it or convert to a more recognized format.
Sometimes difficult to navigate some of the more intense tools on the site.