CNET Editors' review
Advanced users who work with hundreds and even thousands of image files need a way to quickly filter them. Graphic Inspector for Mac's sorting options may make it a worthwhile option for these users, but others will find the program less useful.
Graphic Inspector for Mac comes with a free trial version with a 30-day usage limit. The full version requires a $39.95 payment to unlock. Download and installation completed quickly and a user guide is available with the program. This guide provides the user with fairly detailed operating instructions. Technical support is also available via a button on the program's main menu. After startup, the application's menus are basic and lack clarity, although advanced users may still be able to use them. The computer's menus automatically appear and can be selected for file searching. The button to load the search filters is difficult to locate, but once activated brings up an additional basic menu. This allows the user to enter criteria for the search return. These can be based on properties of the files, themselves, which can help when searching for images based on file type, size, color mode, and resolution, among other options. After we entered the criteria, the file search completed quickly and accurately during testing.
While likely too advanced for basic Mac users, those professionals who work with large numbers of image files may find Graphic Inspector for Mac a helpful application.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Graphic Inspector for Mac 1.7.24.
From Zevrix Solutions:
Graphic Inspector provides extensive info on entire folders of images and vector graphic files and helps locate potential problems according to user defined rules. Graphic Inspector is a professional checkup tool which is designed to help users of any trade, whether it's print, web design or digital photography. Customizable Checkup Presets will let you quickly spot files with specific attributes saving hours of manual checking and dealing with consequences of costly mistakes. For example, you can make Graphic Inspector warn you about all files whose color mode is RGB, format - JPEG, resolution is below 200 dpi, ICC profile doesn't contain "USWebCoated".
What's new in this version:
- Improved parsing of the Flash, Orientation, ComponentsConfiguration and some other EXIF tags.
- The Orientation and Software TIFF tags are now reported.
- The TIFF tags are now separated from EXIF under their own header.
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Easily PDF files without buying Adobe Acrobat.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- Page layout & design.
- Photoshop plug-in to reduce noise & grain.
- Multi-technique animation software for hobbyists, students and ...
- Learn, practe, and test order of your operations.
- Small, fast alternative PDF viewer.
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- Print, manage, save multiple clipboards to disk.
- Batch convert Docx to Doc or Doc to Docx Files on your desktop.
- Merge multiple PDF documents into one large PDF document.
- Small, simple app that plays a melody.
- Edit PDF text and objects with full editing features.
- Word/RTF to XML converter.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content