CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Amateur stargazers rejoice! Google's state-of-the-art mapping service has taken pictures of the entire night sky for you to view on your smartphone or tablet. Google Sky Map is an awesome learning tool for anyone who wants to learn about constellations, stars, or any of the wonders that are hiding in our night sky.
To make the most of this app, you'll need to let it access your phone's GPS. It plots your data on a map so it can transmit the exact view of the stars you'll see when you hold your phone or tablet skywards. It works indoors, too. There are seven different viewing modes that let you look at the entire sky or individual pieces with just a few taps. The app is a little jittery and moves somewhat chaotically when you leave it in automatic mode. It would be nice if the app gave you more information about the constellations, such as the origin of their names or the myths behind their characters. But there are dozens of high-resolution pictures to be found in the Google Sky Map's settings.
This app belongs to some of Google's most ambitious projects and the fruits of the labor are a true delight. Google Sky Map is a cool download for science fans and average folks alike. Even if you aren't that interested in stars, it's worth downloading just to experience once or twice.
With Google Sky Map for Android you can discover and browse the night sky just by pointing your phone to space. By using your Android phone's orientation sensors, we can show you a star map for your location. Explore planets, stars, and constellations. Learn the name and location of space objects and impress your friends.
What's new in this version: Version 1.6.4 includes minor bugfix.
More Products to Consider
- English - Hindi and Hindi - English Dictionary ( ).
- Translate English to Tamil.
- The Holy Bible, New King James Version Bible, NKJV.The Old Test...
- Get an English dictionary application for your Android device.
- This Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas APP Has:- Every Cheat for AL...
- Alkitab: Indonesian Bible with Section Headings and Parallel Ve...
- Scan your essay, article, term paper or dissertation with a sin...
- Candy Blast Mania Tips and Cheats Get the latest Candy Blast Ma...
- Get Sinhala Tamil English dictionary for your Android device.
- Read Kindle books on your Android devices.
- Access popular eBook community where readers discover, share, a...
- The entire Quran for free, English, Arabic + transcript + recit...
- Track local sun and moon set and rise times on your home screen...
- Make your phone your wallet.
- Realtime 3D views of Earth's aurora and the ultraviolet Sun, at...
- Make your Android device a true Internet phone. No strings atta...
- Kamusku is an offline English-Indonesia dictionary and vice ver...
- It is simply a widget that helps you search images form the web...
- Flight with your phone!.
- Discover, buy and redeem great deals with your Android phone.
- With Street View on Google Maps, explore the world at street le...
- See the space weather! You can see the current sun and the envi...
- English - Korean and Korean - English Dictionary (-, - ).
- Give you one number for all your phones.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fantastically Spectacular ... if there is such a word!"
Version: Google Sky Map for Android 1.6.4
Easy to navigate right from the start. Just touch and you can find anything from star systems, planets, etc. This is the best app for science students right in the classroom
It requires the phones GPS, but if you turn off the GPS, it still call search for stars by using the cell tower locations. It does line up with or without GPS.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content