CNET Editors' review
As users work with multiple computers and even smartphones, cloud storage is becoming more important for file access. Google Drive for Mac gives users a significant amount of storage in an easy to use platform that is available on many device types.
Google Drive for Mac comes with a free version that allows access to up to 5GB of cloud storage. Additional storage is available at different levels for a monthly fee. The program downloaded and installed into the test system quickly and did not need any user input to complete. The application itself has no real interface beyond a small icon at the top of the computer. Clicking this icon opens a drop-down showing the amount of space currently used in the cloud storage, and how much remains. Other options allow the user to upgrade their account and visit the developer's Web site for more information. Using the application is easy in that files for the cloud can be clicked and dragged into a folder in the computer's Finder menu. These upload and are available for other devices quickly. With such a basic operation, the lack of user instructions is not a detriment.
Those users who want access to cloud storage in an easy-to-operate program would be well off using Google Drive for Mac.
Google Drive is a place where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your stuff. Whether you're working with a friend on a joint research project, planning a wedding with your fiance or tracking a budget with roommates, you can do it in Drive. You can upload and access all of your files, including videos, photos, Google Docs, PDFs and beyond. Get started with 5 GB free.
With Google Drive, you can:
Create and collaborate. Google Docs is built right into Google Drive, so you can work with others in real time on documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Store everything safely and access it anywhere. All your stuff is just... there. You can access your stuff from anywhere--on the web, in your home, at the office, while running errands and from all of your devices. Install Drive on your Mac, PC, Android phone and tablet, iPhone and iPad.
Search everything. Search by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Drive can even recognize text in scanned documents and images without any text at all.
Learn more about Google Drive at drive.google.com/start.
Get Google Drive for your business. Learn more about Drive and the entire Google Apps for Business suite at google.com/apps.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Command-line interface for Google services.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Display Google PageRank for current page.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Find things on Facebook.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Run Google Analytics as a native application.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Synchronize your documents to Google docs automatically.
- Simplify the submitting of search queries to a number of popula...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Desktop tool to edit Google Calendar.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Search companion that's always available through a hotkey.
- Firefox add-on displaying semantic tag cloud & text summary of ...
- Data recovery software.