CNET Editors' review
GoToMeeting allows you to host a virtual meeting with up to 25 attendees. This version of software is a 30-day, full-featured trial, but you will have to register and provide your credit card information. After the free trial, you can purchase the software by paying either monthly or yearly subscription fees. Most of the engine used for this application does not need to be downloaded, so installation of the executable is easy and fast.
The setup goes smoothly, and within minutes you will be able to create and start your online meeting. GoToMeeting allows participants to connect using Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS operating systems. The maximum allowable 25 connections keeps network lag to a minimum and allows meetings to proceed smoothly. Participants can connect to the audio portion of the program via phone or through an integrated VoIP system. The program also acts as a whiteboard, allowing the presenter to draw and highlight onscreen. Administrative features include logo integration, toll-free number integration, flexible security options that align with your company's policies, meeting logs, and attendance tracking. The administration control panel center can assign positions to those applying to be at the meeting and monitor whether those positions are used or not.
GoToMeeting offers an all-in-one service for conducting online meetings and is relatively easy to use. If you're still using teleconferences to keep in touch, this is a service worth checking out for the tools it gives the users to enhance communication.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of GoToMeeting 5.0.
From Citrix Online:
GoToMeeting is the simple way for people to meet and collaborate online for one low flat rate. Meet with anyone, anywhere. Patented technology enables co-workers, customers and prospects to view any application running on your computer in real time. And GoToMeeting now includes HDFaces, which combines high-definition video conferencing with screen sharing an audio conferencing. And HDFaces is included with GoToMeeting at no additional cost. You'll be able to instantly collaborate whenever - or wherever - inspiration hits.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Communicate with your co-workers by means of audio-visual confe...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Chat online and make phone calls via the Internet.
- Get chat, videoconference, and audio features for popular insta...
- Hold a conference over the Internet with sound and video.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Enjoy tele-, audio-, and video conferencing with instant messag...
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Conduct online PowerPoint presentations, sales demos, training ...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Send and receive instant messages, participate in video chat se...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Utilize free instant messaging on your PC.
- Combine instant messaging and chat with personal organization f...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Build up a client-server instant messaging network.
- Add Internet chat conferencing to your Web page.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"App OK but billing deceptive"
Version: GoToMeeting 5.0
No distinction between presenter and 'other' means anybody can contribute and show screen.
No need to upload any files.
Fixed price too high for small business that wants to use VOIP not dial-in.
Lousy customer service
Price offered online is not the price billed.
I subscribed online to GoToMeeting for US$49 per month only to find my credit card charged A$72 per month (near enough to US$75 - or a 54% price gouge). I cancelled my subscription and asked Citrix to explain their deceptive billing behaviour. Received a standard email response (complete with Service Request number) saying my enquiry had been forwarded to "Online".
Well that was 15 days ago. After about 10 days without response I sent a reminder ... still no response.
Coincidentally, I received an email offer from GoToMeeting offering me the service for less than US$1 per day if I reactivated.
So I sent an email asking for a guarantee of the price offer so I wouldn't be gouged again ... absolutely no response.
What sort of circus is Citrix running?
Guess I will just have to make it all public over the interwebs and start contacting consumer protection agencies.
"Now includes free apps for Mac, iPad, iPhone & Android"
Version: GoToMeeting 5.0
Works on PC, Mac and mobile devices
Supports HD video conferencing
Unlimited meetings of up to 15 people for a flat subscription
Audio via toll-free call or VOIP (computer headset or mic/speakers)
Schedule recurring meetings - less administrative work
Schedule with MS Outlook
Video conferencing means you need to clean up your office - at least what's behind you - and pay attention to how you look!
Version 5 of GoToMeeting keeps the service current by adding HD video conferencing and support for mobile devices.
The GoToMeeting interface makes it easy to hold a spontaneous meeting when you need to get something done right away. Great for teams that have a lot to do and not much time. The strong scheduling features can keep your project on track with regular meetings.
GoToMeeting is great for training. Not you can see the faces of the participants. That makes a big difference in how effectively you can provide training and assistance. You can see if you are getting across to your audience and tell how much attention they are paying.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: