CNET Editors' review
Gmail for iPhone offers a self-contained alternative to the Mail app built into every iOS device, and for those with Gmail accounts, it is a very good experience, all but eliminating connection issues and delays. While the core functionality is roughly the same between Gmail and Mail, the added features that have been part of Gmail for the better part of a decade are on full display here and they make Gmail for iPhone one of the best all-around mail apps on the App Store.
Gmail for iPhone is a self-contained app that doesn't require integration with any of the features on your iPhone. You must log-in to your Gmail account when it is first installed, but then it works seamlessly without any additional requirements. The inbox is very similar to the iOS Mail app, but with added Google features like priority inbox, marking as favorites, and a search tool for all stored messages. A pull-out menu on the left allows you to switch quickly between accounts (you can log in to multiple accounts with ease), sort files by label or folder, and move files between those folders. Sending messages is equally simple, and while file attachments are still not supported, you can draw a quick scribble as an attachment with your photos.
Gmail for iPhone is built to replicate the feeling of Gmail on the desktop as fully as possible. It has more features, works faster and with fewer connection issues, and allows you to search past messages. Gmail is a must, of course, but if you have an account, you need this app.
Get the official Gmail experience for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. With the Gmail app, you can:
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
What's new in this version:
- YouTube, Google Maps and Chrome links go directly to the app instead of the mobile web, if installed. You can turn this off using the in-app settings.
- Added support for signing out of a single account instead of having to sign out of all accounts at once.
More Products to Consider
- Stay on top of your Gmail easier with this fast and mobile inbo...
- Send emails with multiple attachments using full capacity permi...
- Call landlines and mobile phones anywhere in the world for chea...
- Talk to your friends and stay connected with them through calls...
- Enhance your student life.
- Make calls and SMS for free.
- Provide users with a better place to interact with others world...
- Send pictures to your friends from your iPhone.
- Make VoIP calls directly through the iPhone.
- Get instant, reliable push Gmail on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- **Limited time promo**$0.99 on Tuesday & Wednesday$1.99 on Thur...
- Watch your Ivideon Server cameras remotely over the Internet us...
- Enhance your Web conference experience.
- Call, text, fax, and receive voicemail from your iPhone for low...
- Lets to type emails in Hebrew.
- Make phone calls, send messages, use your iPhone like walkie-ta...
- Check your YouMail voicemail directly from your iPhone.
- DreamAdmin is an application to allow you to manage your Dreamh...
- Stay in sync with friends when meeting up, see where they are i...
- DomainAlerter is a Registered Domain listing and expiration ale...
- Talk old school CB Radio style with this walkie talkie app for ...
- Nowadays, the flow of information counts. Lengthy words and phr...
- Send emails using Arabic language on iPhone.
- This app is a quick and easy way to search for and buy domain n...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content