CNET Editors' review
Aimed at those who are not animation professionals, GiftedMotion for Mac tries to offer an efficient yet easy-to-use tool for creating short GIF animations. It worked fairly well, with one notable exception; but for a tool geared toward the newbie, it could use some additional user guidance.
The free application downloads as a jar file and no installation is needed to run the program. The program's main interface lacked advanced graphics and appeared dated, but it did have buttons for its main features such as opening picture files to include, as well as ones for playing, pausing, and exporting animations. Technical support appeared to be absent, and the tutorial on the developer's Web site was short and lacked helpful instructions. While GiftedMotion for Mac claims to be able to use JPEG files, they did not load properly and returned an unclear error message. When using GIFs, the application worked as intended. Once loaded, the user has the ability to order the images, as well as the length of time that each appears. Unfortunately, there are no drawing functions, so all of the animation images must come from another source. The exported animations did work well once completed and exported.
For those who need a free tool for creating basic GIF animations GiftedMotion could prove useful, but it needs some work before it gets our full recommendation.
Giftedmotion is a give animator, which aims at getting the job done as easy and straight forward as possible. No training or knowledge in imageediting beyond the basics is required in order to use this software.
More Products to Consider
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- View comic and manga images.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Sketchpad for sharing visual ideas.
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Drag & drop tool for quickly making animated GIFs.
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Collects images and fonts for Illustrator documents.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Create web photo albums with slideshows of your images.
- Create photo collages automatically.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content