GhostReader is a Universal Binary, multilingual speech solution for Mac OS X that allows users to listen to their documents with naturally sounding voices in a language of choice. It also allows users to create their own personal podcasts or audio books by exporting to iPhone and iPod-ready iTunes tracks. Or, users can just use it to speak selected text in a handy reader window with play, fast forward and rewind functionality. In some applications, such as Safari, GhostReader enables users to listen to text by just pointing the cursor at the text. Now users can sit back and relax while GhostReader reads the text under the cursor.
- Convert documents to audiobooks to listen to on an iPod or iPhone.
- Convert text from news sites and emails to audiobooks to listen to on an iPod or iPhone.
Overcome reading difficulties
- Listen to selected text in any application with word or sentence highlighting.
- Point the cursor at text in Safari, TextEdit, Mail or Pages 2008 to hear the paragraph below the cursor.
- Listen to your own text to proof spelling and composition.
Improve pronunciation of foreign languages
- Listen to text on foreign web sites in an interactive reader window.
- Type foreign text in a new reader window to hear the pronunciation.
- Create personal podcasts by converting your text to audio files or iTunes tracks.